Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

How to R&R turn signal stalk?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 11:08 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question How to R&R turn signal stalk?

Does anyone out there have a write-up on how to remove and replace the turn signal stalk? I can't seem to find one.

The one on my beater ('96 Century OBDII car) won't switch the bright lights on anymore and feels kind of spongy. I assume the procedure for getting in there can't be much different...
Old 07-04-2004, 02:23 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not in the turn signal stalk. there is a rod that runs down the column to the hi-lo beam switch that is mounted towards the bottom of the column.most of the time its gets loose from the road vibrations and just needs to be re-adjusted . pretty simple procedure that should take about an hour to an hour and a half of your time and usually doesn't even need any new parts. remove the panel on dash below the column . look at the left side of column or feel with your on upper left part or the column sleeve . work the switch back forth like you normally would and you'll see the rod moving back and forth. you'll need a 7mm, 8mm and a 10mm socket , possibly a T15 torx driver and you should be working those headlights again like a pro in no time . same procedure works on F-bodies vettes, and impalas of that vintage too . good luck to you .
Old 07-04-2004, 09:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man you just saved me a lot of work, thanks!