Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

auto light

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 11:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto light

how doe you keep you lights from turning on automaticly i would only like to drive with just the marker lights some times
Old 07-04-2004, 11:44 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pull the E-brake up a little, like just before it makes the 1st click then turn the key on. the lights should be off. if not turn the key back pull the handle up more and try again
Old 07-04-2004, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by z28camarofl
how doe you keep you lights from turning on automaticly i would only like to drive with just the marker lights some times
i did this all you have to do is pry up the dash cover untill you spot the light ambient light sensor and then cut and strip the wires going to the sensor and connect them to each other and say bye bye to the auto headlights and DRLs now you have total control over you headlights . i would also use some electrical tape and cover the exposed wires you wouldnt want an electrical fire burning your car to the ground
Old 07-04-2004, 02:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 69_YENKO
pull the E-brake up a little, like just before it makes the 1st click then turn the key on. the lights should be off. if not turn the key back pull the handle up more and try again
There models the headlights are on, the e-brake trick doesn't apply
Old 07-05-2004, 12:59 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by my99Z/28
i did this all you have to do is pry up the dash cover untill you spot the light ambient light sensor and then cut and strip the wires going to the sensor and connect them to each other and say bye bye to the auto headlights and DRLs now you have total control over you headlights . i would also use some electrical tape and cover the exposed wires you wouldnt want an electrical fire burning your car to the ground
You can unplug the wire from the sensor and then I use a piece of wire (cut from a paper clip) and stick one end in each side of the plug, then wrap electrical tape to hold it in and then put the dash back down. It takes no more than 5 minutes and to go back to the auto headlights, just pull the paperclip piece out and plug the sensor back in. Easy mod and I love it.
Old 07-05-2004, 01:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mustang5.Ohater
There models the headlights are on, the e-brake trick doesn't apply
My bad! Sorry