Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

180 mod ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 12:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 180 mod ???

I was having a problem with my driver side headlight. Sometimes it would take a few turns of the **** to get it up or down, turned out to be a bad terminal connector. So after that the light worked but started doing the jackhammer when down. No prob, do the 180 mod right, wrong. spun the gear 180, bolted it all back together and gave it a shot. Now the light would go half way up and make the noise. If I lifted it with my hand it would extend all the way up, and not make the noise going down. So I spin it another 180 to were it was back to the original spot. So it makes the noise going down again. my question is, could it be that the whole gear is shot or was I doing something wrong. Just wondering if anyone had a similar problem. I'll be ordering the brass gears soon, but was just wondering if any one had any thoughts. TIA.
Old 07-04-2004, 02:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you the original owner? Maybe somebody did the mod already, happened to my bros car.
Old 07-04-2004, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought the car last year with 12k on it. Just seems kind of odd that it could be bad already. I had thought of that though.