Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

how do I improve traction.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 12:36 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default how do I improve traction.

I just installed 3500 converter and I spun all the way through first and hurt my time more than five tenths. I have been looking for some good conrol arms and torque arms, but I am short on $. I already bought slicks, 26x9x15 but I am a little worried that it still will not be enough traction. Is it better if I buy adjustable lower control arms and adjustable torque arm or can I buy non adjustable and still be pleased with the traction improvements. where can I buy cheap good ones, what site can I go to.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by shaulinmathvader
I just installed 3500 converter and I spun all the way through first and hurt my time more than five tenths. I have been looking for some good conrol arms and torque arms, but I am short on $. I already bought slicks, 26x9x15 but I am a little worried that it still will not be enough traction. Is it better if I buy adjustable lower control arms and adjustable torque arm or can I buy non adjustable and still be pleased with the traction improvements. where can I buy cheap good ones, what site can I go to.
slicks are good, but get some LCA's for sure and a torque couldnt hurt. they dont have to be adj by any means. always check the for sale section there are some deals to be had in there. on the street your gonna need some sticky rubber too so look into nittos, or BFG's.

J
Old 07-04-2004, 02:17 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by heyitsTaJay
slicks are good, but get some LCA's for sure and a torque couldnt hurt. they dont have to be adj by any means. always check the for sale section there are some deals to be had in there. on the street your gonna need some sticky rubber too so look into nittos, or BFG's.

J

**** nittos and bfgs get some et streets u will hook
Old 07-04-2004, 03:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get some sticky tires..

Since you have an auto.. Run some ET Streets.. I have 2 buddies running 10's in autos with the stock 10Bolt..
Old 07-05-2004, 10:51 AM
Launching!

thanks guys. I will probably stick to buying used tiers now and then because I drive 30 round trip every dy to work so spending $320 on tires that will be gone in less than a year is very hard for me right now. especially since wife lost her job and down the drain went all plans for headers, cam, intake and heads.I am at 4000ft elevation and are hoping to only run low 13's with my setup I am not that worried yet about snaping that rear end.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:23 PM
STF Veteran

Originally Posted by shaulinmathvader
thanks guys. I will probably stick to buying used tiers now and then because I drive 30 round trip every dy to work so spending $320 on tires that will be gone in less than a year is very hard for me right now. especially since wife lost her job and down the drain went all plans for headers, cam, intake and heads.I am at 4000ft elevation and are hoping to only run low 13's with my setup I am not that worried yet about snaping that rear end.
El Paso!!! Represent! I'm from the EPT as well. Welcome to the board.