Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Which rearend to get?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 12:56 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Which rearend to get?

Which one is the quietest and will bolt right up? I want to run 4.10's. I don't have ASR. I rode with a guy who has a Moser 12 bolt in his car. It was loud and his ABS light keeps coming on. I want a direct replacement that's quiet and doesn't have any issues.

What about brake backing plates also?
Old 07-06-2004, 01:16 AM
Launching!

Strange from TBryne, get backing plates put on it if you don't want to do it. You pay a little more than Moser and stay satisfied. BTW, I have experience with both. My Strange is the best IMO. As far as the abs light goes, get the car programmed with the right gear ratio, make sure you buy the 3 channel rear for Non traction control equipped car. Make sure you hook up your sensor on the top of the rearend. Strange, fully assembled is exactly what Tom says, bolt in. Even comes with fluid. Hope this helps,
Will
Old 07-06-2004, 10:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SNAKSLYR
Strange from TBryne, get backing plates put on it if you don't want to do it. You pay a little more than Moser and stay satisfied. BTW, I have experience with both. My Strange is the best IMO. As far as the abs light goes, get the car programmed with the right gear ratio, make sure you buy the 3 channel rear for Non traction control equipped car. Make sure you hook up your sensor on the top of the rearend. Strange, fully assembled is exactly what Tom says, bolt in. Even comes with fluid. Hope this helps,
Will
SNAKSLYR, thanks for the advice. I'll check out TByrnes site. Hopefully I'll make it through this summer on the 10 bolt with DR's and 4.10's. I'm not doing any 4K dumps or taking it to the track until the end of the summer.