Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Important: Need input and info on these kicker speakers...please

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Important: Need input and info on these kicker speakers...please

OK, I have made up my mind on which speakers to replace my blown ones with. Now I figure since I have to replace 2 of them I midas well get all of them to get better sound. So here it goes. I have an 02 Z28 with the 500watt monsoon in it, here are the speakers I want to get. Please give me some input on if they will work or not, and any personal experiance.

Front:
Kicker K65
-6 1/2" midrange
-4ohm
-rms 6-65 watts, peak 130 watts
-sesativity 90db

Sail Panel:
Kicker SSMB6
-6 1/2" midbass
-4ohm
-rms 8-125 watts, peak 250 watts
-sesativity 88db

Rear:
Kicker DX40
-4 inch
-4ohm
-rms 2-25 watts, peak 50 watts
-sensativity 88db

I decided to go with all kickers because I have heard good things about them. Keep in mind I only want to replace the speakers and wire the new ones into the monsoon system with stock monsoon amp. Off of ebay I can get all of these speakers for about $205, so this is a hellofa deal if I can make it work. For wireing, I am going to have a buddy of mine who installs stereos for a living do it for me.

Now......will they work?

I also plan to, in the future, get a subthump box for a kicker solobaric and toss that in there with the aformentioned speakers off the stock amp.

Fry

Last edited by frey51; 07-08-2004 at 10:56 AM.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nobody has any input or information on this setup? Is it worth the try or what?
Old 07-08-2004, 12:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by frey51
Nobody has any input or information on this setup? Is it worth the try or what?
While it will work,same kickers I have,it will be clearer,but not as loud because of the ohms.Highly recommend changing head unit and bypassing monsoon amp and get a nice 4-5 channel amp with built in x-over to run everything,it will be well worth the effort
Old 07-08-2004, 03:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

so it wont be as loud as the other speakers, I was under that impression? are we talking across all sound levels, highs and lows? Is it alot different, because I really hated the distortion of the other speakers and wouldnt mind clarity over noise? If you were to rate the stock speakers on a 1-10 scale, and these speakers on the same scale what would they be?

You have the exact same setup?

Once some more $$ comes in I may do the amp and head unit. I dont know. Probably just the amp as I like the sock head unit and steering wheel controls.

Fry
Old 07-08-2004, 03:11 PM
TECH Resident

I would save your money until you can afford an amp to drive those components. The stock Monsoon amplifier is a distortion-box to begin with.
Old 07-08-2004, 03:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

what if I just get the speakers now and an amp a few months down the road? Will I be able to use the stock wiring or rewire it all?