Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

synthetic oil or not for 98 rearend?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 10:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default synthetic oil or not for 98 rearend?

I have a 98 WS6 Formula with stock rear and Strange gears.I get a little bit of whine,not terribly bad but noticable.I have had the rear checked twice and everything specs out ok.I have read several threads on the use or non use of synthetic fluid in the 98 stock rear.Also,some say one bottle of additive and others say two.I am wondering if the little whine I am getting is from the redline synthetic gear oil?
Old 07-10-2004, 09:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by v8juice
I have a 98 WS6 Formula with stock rear and Strange gears.I get a little bit of whine,not terribly bad but noticable.I have had the rear checked twice and everything specs out ok.I have read several threads on the use or non use of synthetic fluid in the 98 stock rear.Also,some say one bottle of additive and others say two.I am wondering if the little whine I am getting is from the redline synthetic gear oil?
Well I just drained the Redline oil on my strange 410's after break in. I used 2qts Mobil 1 and 1 bottle additive and still have a little whine. I was going to try a tube of this stuff (below) to see if it would quiet her down.

http://www.storesonline.com/site/598...oduct/BG%20325
Old 07-10-2004, 10:01 PM
Launching!

Talking

I drained the redline and also tried Synergyn oil and additive.That got me down to the little whine I hear now.I am taking any reasonable suggestions
for other alternatives.