Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WTF is up with my SES light???

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 12:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default WTF is up with my SES light???

Alright, two weeks ago my SES light came on and I had it scanned. Codes 1133 and 1153 were what it was. I was told that was the front oxygen sensors. I had the other ones that were behind the converters when I had them on, so I put the right rear on the right front and same for the left side. I unhooked the battery and after 20 miles or less the lightcame back on. So I unhooked the battery this Mon and didn't hook it back up untill fri afternoon. About 10 miles or less the POS light is back on. What is going on? Did I not fix it or do I have to actually have the pcm "cleared" with a scanner? What do I need to do to make this stop? Also are those codes hurting my performance in any way? Please help.
Old 07-10-2004, 02:37 PM
10 Second Club

Come on, all these people on here and noone can help me? This is driving me insane!!!
Old 07-10-2004, 04:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BriancWS6
Come on, all these people on here and noone can help me? This is driving me insane!!!
Try this link
https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1-domestic-forums/t-44282
Old 07-11-2004, 12:45 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks for the link. I did use some leaded fuel on the night the SES came on, but I had done it twice before last year with out a problem. I know that lead screws up the sensors, but I didn't understand why when I put the other two O2s in that the light came back on again. I have run approxiamately 20 gallons of 93 fuel through the car since the nite I had the 2.5 gallons of leaded 110. I still get an occasional whiff of the racing fuel and it's been a while since it was in there. Did the remaining traces of lead mess up the other O2s that fast? Do I need to wait a while to get all the leaded fuel out of the system before trying to put in new O2s? Is there anyway to clean them? Thanks.
Old 07-12-2004, 11:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

you probably shhouldnt have used the rear 02's in the pre-cat holes. The computer relies on the front 02's for air/fuel, and the rears are just for emissions. That's my guess anyway.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:39 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by CODE4LS1
you probably shhouldnt have used the rear 02's in the pre-cat holes. The computer relies on the front 02's for air/fuel, and the rears are just for emissions. That's my guess anyway.
Supposedly the front and rear O2's are the same, as long as you go right front to right rear and vice versa. I was told that they are different pn's from pass to driver side. Who know's, the POS light is still on and I don't know what to do.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:40 AM
TECH Apprentice

I would bet money on it as a matter of fact. From what the dealer told me when I was having trouble with my 02's, is that the rear (post cat 02's) dont do a whole lot. It's the pre-cat 02's that tell the computer how rich/lean, etc. If I were you I would switch them back

Originally Posted by BriancWS6
Supposedly the front and rear O2's are the same, as long as you go right front to right rear and vice versa. I was told that they are different pn's from pass to driver side. Who know's, the POS light is still on and I don't know what to do.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:55 AM
TECH Regular

The front/rear and left/right O2 sensors are all the same. They have different part numbers because the wiring harnesses are different connectors and/or different lengths.

If you didn't run race fuel with these sensors, they shouldn't be hurt by any "lead residue" that remains. Are you getting the same 2 codes as before you changed the sensors (insufficient switching on both front O2s)?