Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lunati rod bolt, same as ARP? Whats the torque spec equal to 5 1/2 stretch gauge?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 01:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Lunati rod bolt, same as ARP? Whats the torque spec equal to 5 1/2 stretch gauge?

Well I have had my stuff sitting at my machine shop for a long time and the guy I bought the motor from said I had ARP rod bolts but I really have Lunati rod bolts. I think ARP makes the bolts for Lunati but I could be wrong?

Lunati tells me the torque spec is 5 1/2 with a stretch gauge, whats the equal torque spec with a torque wrench?

thanks
Old 07-10-2004, 05:34 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SStroked 410
Well I have had my stuff sitting at my machine shop for a long time and the guy I bought the motor from said I had ARP rod bolts but I really have Lunati rod bolts. I think ARP makes the bolts for Lunati but I could be wrong?

Lunati tells me the torque spec is 5 1/2 with a stretch gauge, whats the equal torque spec with a torque wrench?

thanks
Don't confuse the two, if bolt stretch is called for, then use that. If torque is called for. Then go with that. Trying to correlate one vs the other is a SWAG in most cases. For rod bolts, stretch is actually the best method anyhow (IMHO)...

Quick Reply: Lunati rod bolt, same as ARP? Whats the torque spec equal to 5 1/2 stretch gauge?