Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some advice on parameters to change

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2004, 10:40 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Need some advice on parameters to change

Well I went ahead & bought a new laptop & hptuners...they should be here later this week at which time im gonna get my tune unlocked and more than likely pulled completely by my tuner. My question is what parameters do i need to change to get the car home easy & anyone that has tuned for my cam please pm, email or im me any info your willing to provide me with.

Thanks
Bill
Old 07-12-2004, 08:05 AM
TECH Addict

Bill- you get your O2 sensor working yet?

My tuning process is pretty straightforward and you could do it yourself to get a streetable setup built. Focus on getting the LTFT's in the zero to slightly negative range. This is all VE table in my book, not IFR table.

After that, you start dialing in spark advance very conservatively.

Then, a trip to the dyno for some WB-O2 tuning on the Power Enrichment table.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:50 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by crainholio
Bill- you get your O2 sensor working yet?

My tuning process is pretty straightforward and you could do it yourself to get a streetable setup built. Focus on getting the LTFT's in the zero to slightly negative range. This is all VE table in my book, not IFR table.

After that, you start dialing in spark advance very conservatively.

Then, a trip to the dyno for some WB-O2 tuning on the Power Enrichment table.
i was planning on getting under the car today but with the rain that aint happnin...by wed or thursday as long as its clear I'll try to figure it out...im hoping its just the connector I'll try cleaning it out and go from there so to anwser your question no its still not working. Im gonna hit the local dyno day on the 31st of this month which has a tailpipe w/b maybe I'll buy a couple sets of runs to try and get it dialed in, im undecided right now, but another $500 for my own wideband is out of reach at this point. Maybe one night you can get me up to speed on what to do or at least whats worked for you.

lata
Bill
Old 07-12-2004, 02:15 PM
TECH Addict

The more I think about your O2 sensor problem, the more it seems like the harness got damaged. Trace the O2 sensor harness from the connector back to the main trunk, might find it got rested up against a header primary somewhere.

I'm in the same camp in terms of buying my own WB-02, I get WB-02 data included w/ dyno time so it's "free" for WOT tuning.

No prob with an after-work tuning thrash some time when things are right w/ your O2 sensor, be warned tho...it's addictive!
Old 07-12-2004, 11:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by crainholio
The more I think about your O2 sensor problem, the more it seems like the harness got damaged. Trace the O2 sensor harness from the connector back to the main trunk, might find it got rested up against a header primary somewhere.

I'm in the same camp in terms of buying my own WB-02, I get WB-02 data included w/ dyno time so it's "free" for WOT tuning.

No prob with an after-work tuning thrash some time when things are right w/ your O2 sensor, be warned tho...it's addictive!
works for me my laptop came today, pretty quickly i might add ordered thursday received today...ordered hptuners about 5 minutes after so lets see the timeframe difference hehe. I'll see what i can do to trace the o2 I took some logs today & same ol crapso we'll see.

lata
Bill