Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much does the exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 10:14 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much does the exhaust system

affect tuning with a cam that has some decent overlap. I admit i didn the dumbest thing by buying a healthy cam before i boutght headers (feels the crowd starting to throw stones) FM13 230/232 591/585 110 +4 and no matter what i do i cant get the car to run right in closed loop.

Affter making this bone head move i realize I increased the cars EGR effect prolly by 10 fold so what ramifications does this have on tuning. It seems that allthe un burnt gasses are backing up in the system and causign my 02's to go crazy and no matter what i do to the ve table i cant seem to get this straightened out.

The good new is in a few weeks I will pull the trigger and buy some headers and hopefully, hopefully it will help the stiuation out tremendously.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:22 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

with a cam with that much overlap its gonna take a while to tune it one way or the other id have to think.
Old 07-11-2004, 01:26 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by HumpinSS
affect tuning with a cam that has some decent overlap. I admit i didn the dumbest thing by buying a healthy cam before i boutght headers (feels the crowd starting to throw stones) FM13 230/232 591/585 110 +4 and no matter what i do i cant get the car to run right in closed loop.

Affter making this bone head move i realize I increased the cars EGR effect prolly by 10 fold so what ramifications does this have on tuning. It seems that allthe un burnt gasses are backing up in the system and causign my 02's to go crazy and no matter what i do to the ve table i cant seem to get this straightened out.

The good new is in a few weeks I will pull the trigger and buy some headers and hopefully, hopefully it will help the stiuation out tremendously.
Are you still running the stock cats and catback?
Old 07-11-2004, 02:22 PM
FormerVendor

No i have a LM but cat forward is stock. Cats and all