New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mecham Exhaust

Old 07-13-2004, 08:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mecham Exhaust

I am considering an exhaust for my 2001 WS6. Does the Mecham exhaust sound good on the LS1? Does it have a good performance boost? Any advice would be great.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

if you're able to afford it, go for GMMG. I think it sounds wicked. Its nice and deep, but very refined as well. Sounds badass with LT's. As long as you keep your cats. If you get rid of your cats, think about going with true dual.

Thats my personal opinion...I have no experience with Mecham exhaust, sorry.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

Going with GMMC has crossed my mind.....pretty exspensive though : ( I also have considered the SLP loudmouth but some say it is too nasty. What equipment do I need to run true duals?
Old 07-13-2004, 09:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

True duals are just that, true dual exhaust. Its usually put on AFTER long tube headers. Its running one pipe off each header, usually be dumped(turn downs) right before the axle. You don't need any extra 'equipment', per se, just the true duals.

You can have an exhaust shop fab up some adapters to fit to your stock manifolds, TSP quoted me 60 bucks to fab up that setup for their true duals....you just have to take your car to an exhuast shop and ask.

If LT's aren't in your near future, stick with a catback. You can usually find borla used on this board, for half the cost of a new system. Good luck!!
Old 07-13-2004, 11:01 PM
On The Tree

Cool...thanks for the info. I will probably either take a chance with the Mecham or just spend the extra cash and go with the sure thing with GMMG.

Search this Thread