New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passing inspection

Old 07-15-2004, 01:44 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passing inspection

I have an ORY on the way to go w/ my pacesetter headers, and I've kinda gotten worried about passing inspection. I've got until may of next year, but I'm just thinking ahead. Has anyone w/ an ory had too bad of problems w/ passing inspection? I've heard about cutting the stock cats in half and welding them to the y, but is this really necessary? Whats yall's best way to ensure a passed inspection? Thanks a bunch!
Old 07-15-2004, 03:00 PM
Launching!

The best way to pass inspection is not to have the ORY's on during inspection. Then after inspection, switch'em out. I don't think it matters how you modify your cats, you still won't pass. Your converters are there for a reason. Without them, your car really becomes a pollution machine. It's kinda like smoking cigarettes without the filter.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:02 PM
TECH Resident

Go to an emmissions guy that you are friends with, otherwise just slip the inspector $50 or even a $20 would work. Going to some sketchy emmisions test on a dark street corner will get you taken care of quite often too.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Well in TX that is a little harder, I had to smack some Cats on mine to pass, but If you know a inspector who will not look underneath your car, the only thing you have to worry about is when they hook it upto you OBDII and if it says you pass, make sure your 02sims are good and you dont have any other problems, gas cap, egr stuff, and any other emissions related to OBDII.
Old 07-16-2004, 12:27 AM
12 Second Club

I'm having lg install my headers for me, and they're going to rip out the egr and air systems. They are going to tune it afterwards, they can turn off the codes, right?
Old 07-16-2004, 01:18 AM
TECH Apprentice

yea those codes can be deleted

Search this Thread