Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hooker muffler? and opinions on hooker tips

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Hooker muffler? and opinions on hooker tips

Slant cut tip

straight cut

needs some opions on which one to get and the specs are in the link to as to how long the tips are

hooker muffler

is this the same one as on the catbacks. i dont need to do the full catback as i think thats a waste since i have a 02 WS6 and i have a QTEC already in my I pipe. i just want to get rid of the FM and stock tips.

Last edited by SVC707; 07-19-2004 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-19-2004, 01:16 PM
TECH Addict

Sup..

The Hooker Aerochamber mufflers are pretty tame... Very mellow at idle and a deep rumble at WOT..

I just ordered a set of the Hooker 3" dual/dual slash tips. The only reason I didn't go with the straight cuts is because I was impatient.

Honestly, I think that either of those would look really nice. Mine should arrive today. I'll try to get some pictures.
Old 07-19-2004, 01:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

where did you order them from

summit has the straight cuts in stock not the slash...
Old 07-19-2004, 01:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SVC707
where did you order them from

summit has the straight cuts in stock not the slash...
Well.. when I ordered.. on Thurs. of last week.

They had the 3" dual/dual slash cut in stock.. and the straight cuts wouldn't be available until 8/23 or something like that.

But to answer your question. I ordered them from summit.

These are the ones that are in stock:
Old 07-19-2004, 07:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The muffler appears to be the same case and internals as the catback. The inlet and outlet are bigger with the catback. I think they sound about the same inside the car. I have been told that the catback is quieter than it was with the stock pipes and the hooker muffler. I can't tell a difference in performance though.
Old 07-20-2004, 01:56 AM
Launching!

I'm not sure if those are stainless. I prefer to go stainless whenever possible just for the longevity and the looks. Now I have the Hooker catback on my TA and love it. I am currently running the tips that came with the catback. However when those rot out I will be replacing those with some Borla Intercooled tips. Expensive yes but IMO they look great and are all stainless.

At idle the Hooker catback is pretty quiet. Once you stomp on it it really roars to life however. If you want something that won't wake up the neighbors but still sounds like a muscle car when you crank it up, the Hooker is the way to go.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:27 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Thunder175
I'm not sure if those are stainless. I prefer to go stainless whenever possible just for the longevity and the looks. Now I have the Hooker catback on my TA and love it. I am currently running the tips that came with the catback. However when those rot out I will be replacing those with some Borla Intercooled tips. Expensive yes but IMO they look great and are all stainless.

At idle the Hooker catback is pretty quiet. Once you stomp on it it really roars to life however. If you want something that won't wake up the neighbors but still sounds like a muscle car when you crank it up, the Hooker is the way to go.

They're actually chrome.. and they have some type of thick coating on the inside to prevent rust.
Old 07-20-2004, 04:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The muffler is huge, almost if not the same size as stock. The staight tips get my vote, a buddy of mine has them, and they look nice.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:46 AM
TECH Resident

slash cut look a lot better IMO