Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 sensors...02 sims...ahhh

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 05:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 sensors...02 sims...ahhh

ok i just got my pacesetters in the mail, speedy delivery! i have a couple of questions.

1. there is 1 hole in each header, for 02 sensors i thought, but my friend was telling me that i NEED o2 sims. my ses light is already on from !air so i thought '**** the sims, already got on the ses light' but he sais without them, car will run bad...if i do need them...where do they go? someone explain all this to me please.

2. with the headers i got this '02 sensor relocation kit'. it comes with a hollow black tube, some bundled white wire and some fuse looking things in little red capsules..what is this?

very confused...thanks for the help
Old 07-19-2004, 05:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by zchgla
1. there is 1 hole in each header, for 02 sensors i thought, but my friend was telling me that i NEED o2 sims. my ses light is already on from !air so i thought '**** the sims, already got on the ses light' but he sais without them, car will run bad...if i do need them...where do they go? someone explain all this to me please.
No, your car will not run any worse, you will just throw a dash light (which you have already anyway).
Skip the sims and just get the codes deleted with LS1 Edit later on.

2. with the headers i got this '02 sensor relocation kit'. it comes with a hollow black tube, some bundled white wire and some fuse looking things in little red capsules..what is this?
Those are the O2 extensions to allow your O2 sensors to reach now that the bung has been moved so much further back...you may or may not need to use them though.
Old 07-19-2004, 05:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah, you dont really need the simms, and to make sure you know you have 4 O2 sensors, there are 2 on each side of the exhaust (2 on driver side, 2 on passenger side), the 2 infront of the cats are the only ones that really matter, they tell your computer important stuff, so you ll only have to extend those front ones
Old 07-19-2004, 05:51 PM
TECH Regular

Yes, you need to run O2 sensors. Your car had four from the factory but, you only need two with the headers. You'll connect the factory wires from the front set to the sensors. The wires that went to the rear factory sensors can be just unused OR you can plug sims into them to keep from getting a SES light. It won't hurt anything if you just leave them unpluged (unused). You should have got some wire extentions (just plug and play) with those headers because the front wires will be to short to reach the new location. That '02 sensor relocation kit' requires cutting and splicing to achieve the same effect. If you didn't get the plug n play wires, order them. Much easier than the splicing method.
Old 07-19-2004, 05:52 PM
TECH Regular

I type to sloooooooow
Old 07-19-2004, 06:06 PM
TECH Regular

na shawn you answered my next question, about the extensions they sent, yes i will order some plug and play extensions. thanks for all the help guys! hopefully ill be in atleast a couple weeks with the new duals!
Old 07-19-2004, 06:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

na shawn you answered my next question, about the extensions they sent, yes i will order some plug and play extensions. thanks for all the help guys! hopefully ill be in atleast a couple weeks with the new duals!
What mufflers are you planning to run on your true duals?
Old 07-19-2004, 06:24 PM
TECH Regular

18" sweet-thunders. hopefully not too loud, and not too loud inside the car, but well see!
Old 07-19-2004, 06:32 PM
TECH Regular

If your just gonna dump it, it's gonna be loud as hell
Old 07-19-2004, 06:58 PM
TECH Regular

uh oh....i dunno what im gonna do or