Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tc launch and drop

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 04:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tc launch and drop

other then those things a tc will do nothing rite? i raced a guy and he won, he pulled hard on me too, if i got a tc i would be closer in the quarter, put once after launch he would still pull at same rate, and from certain drops it wouldnt matter cuz he would be in his powerband already (stick)?
however
for someone to pull on u, they have to be going faster, not accel faster, but litterally faster, rite, so if u got a tru jump wouldnt htat mean he wouldnt pull on u, cuz ur at 45 whiel he is at 35, ur pulling away
help me
Old 07-21-2004, 07:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A 3500 or higher converter will help you go faster when racing from a roll. A high efficency 4000 stall will really close (but not eliminate) the gap when racing from a roll.

If you are racing to the top of 3rd gear, you could consider a manual lock-up switch. It is hard on the converter, but it eliminates the pumping loss of an unlocked converter. It would help in the higher rpm range (e.g. 5000 - 6000 rpm).
Old 07-21-2004, 09:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah what Ragtop said.

I chose the Sy3500 TC for the reasons you described...basically racing on the street and from a roll. The low STR and high efficiency free up some horsepower. This combination worked really well with the 3.73 gears. I did however swap to a M6 and the converter is for sale if you're interested.