Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stupid F'IN Poly Motor Mounts!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2004, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stupid F'IN Poly Motor Mounts!!!

Well, I installed both sides on my SS yesterday, what a BITCH of a job, my hands are torn the **** up!! Had to pull the driver side header, pain in the ***, taking the mounts out was no problem, drilling the rivets no problem, but when the header takes forever to get out, that sucks, man I was pissed. It took about 7 hours to do both sides, that's taking the header off and on, y-pipe off and on, plugs, wires, coil pack, alternator, a/c compressor and bracket off and on.

What REALLY pissed me off is that I tightened the A/C compressor too tight on the bottom LAST ******* bolt, and I heard a crack, and there was hissing and the oil started to **** out. Now I have no A/C and need to get a new compressor, man I am STILL pissed off, a nice $50 mount job turned into a several hundred dollar A/C fix, ****!

Note to self, don't be a monkey and tighten things so tight!!!!
Old 07-21-2004, 12:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
The A/C oil? You mean freon? That **** it dangerous, I hope you didnt get any on you, and you better clean the spill area will soap and water.
Not freon, it was some orange colored oil crap. Maybe freon in there too, but it was coming out from the bolt area where I cranked it down. I still can't believe that. It got on the cement, I just used some brake clean and whiped it up. What can it do?
Old 07-21-2004, 12:07 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Ferocity02
The A/C oil? You mean freon? That **** it dangerous, I hope you didnt get any on you, and you better clean the spill area will soap and water.
Although you're not supposed to, people vent that stuff all the time when they mess with their A/C system. Anytime you do any A/C work, it's supposed to be done by a certified mechanic.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:08 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Um, why is Ferocity02's post below all the ones that replied to it?
Old 07-21-2004, 12:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I noticed that mine was above his too, this will probably be above yours It's not like I had a chance, it just cracked and hissed and leaked Orange oil all over my garage. Now I have no cold air, poop
Old 07-21-2004, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DMNSPD
Um, why is Ferocity02's post below all the ones that replied to it?
The clock on the server probably went haywire for a minute. Actually, looks like he posted his post tomorrow!

Next time follow the torque specs.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:34 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Originally Posted by SMOKINV8
The clock on the server probably went haywire for a minute. Actually, looks like he posted his post tomorrow!

Next time follow the torque specs.
yeah, actually his says 8:49 pm.

No wonder it wouldn't let me do a search. It kept saying only one search every 30 seconds. It must have thought I was going back in time lol.

edit: nope, still won't let me do a search.
Old 07-21-2004, 12:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't own a torque wrench and I didn't really care about the specs on the bolt, just wanted to get done with the stupid thing, it was taking long enough. I care about the specs on certain things, and not so much on others I didn't think it was that tight, and would crack the sdamn compressor.

Last edited by Orange Peel; 07-21-2004 at 12:41 PM.
Old 07-21-2004, 07:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts