Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Va emmissions?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2004, 10:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Va emmissions?

I'm young and ignorant but is there a state inspection and a county? Reason i ask is b/c my county (Fauquier) doesn't do emissions testing...therefore can i get all the cool stuff like longtubes w/o cats...and an above average cam? Or do i still need to worry about this emissions thing? THX!
Old 07-22-2004, 10:18 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Vertigo
I'm young and ignorant but is there a state inspection and a county? Reason i ask is b/c my county (Fauquier) doesn't do emissions testing...therefore can i get all the cool stuff like longtubes w/o cats...and an above average cam? Or do i still need to worry about this emissions thing? THX!
Nope,no worry about emissions in Fauquier county,most surroundin counties do the emissions though
Old 07-22-2004, 10:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SSZSLP
Nope,no worry about emissions in Fauquier county,most surroundin counties do the emissions though
It's good to be in Fauquier isn't it! Except for the cops...
Old 07-22-2004, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Vertigo
It's good to be in Fauquier isn't it! Except for the cops...
Now isn't that the TRUTH
Old 07-22-2004, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

i live in Loudoun County, i have lt's, no cats, i was even running true duals dumped with bullets for about 2 months. I've sprayed on 7 many times, drove with slicks on 15 bypass a couple of times.

I say either way, **** em do what you want with YOUR car. I figure its 60 bucks for a noise pollution ticket, and usually they just warn you. In Leesburg, the cops seem to be too busy with kids, drugs and the outlet mall.
Travis
Old 07-22-2004, 11:42 AM
Teching In

Default VA Emissions suck!!!

Hey guys what's up?? I live in Loudoun County also and I got to deal with the emissions *****, it sucks, but what you gonna do? I live in Sterling Park and the cops are super bad there too. Hopefully I can squeak past emissions because I am getting ready to start a 383 Stroker Build. Take it easy guys, maybe I'll see you around.....should try and get together sometime, not to many F-Body people hang out. It's usually just those damn Mustang guys...lol. Take it easy and watch out for those cops, they get a hard on for giving somebody in a nice car a ticket.

Nick (Sterling, VA)
Old 07-22-2004, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nick, most of the guys i see get pulled over in "nice cars" (camaros, t/as, mustangs, rx7's etc) are being dicks when they get pulled over. If you know what you have is not legal, you gotta just be cool behind the wheel. If you aren't bugging anyone, usually the local authorities are cool. Except in the center of the towns and cities.

Emissions wise...this area is money driven...lots of growth...means money talks. Andrew Jackson is a very good negotiator.
T
Old 07-22-2004, 12:53 PM
TECH Resident

Everytime i've been pulled over (3X) funny thing is that they just flash their lights once or twice with no siren and they come up and ask me about my car...Most officers just like the muscle car. And one time i was letting her loose out of a gas station at 1am and the light behind me turned green for the traffic. Well in the traffic was a state TPr. He comes up after pulling me over when i was doing at least 90 when i let off and spun through 1st and 2nd and got a hard cherp in 3rd and is like "Nice, real nice in a mocking mannor and proceeds to tell me that if i keep lighting my tires up I won't have any tread left so keep that at the track." After running my plate he comes back gives me my id and doesn't say a damn thing even when i asked him a question ...just walked off to his cruiser and drove off!!! SO LUCKY!!
But I know a few ricers and they get ticket'd all the time for exaust and noise. LOL
Old 07-22-2004, 07:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Most cops are all right. Some are cool. Some will be d-heads just like any other proffession. There was an 'incident' down the road from me (that I was not directly involved in), anyway one of the cops asked me if he could drive my car. He actually startled me for a second. I was like, "yeah, stop by the house". He was mostly kidding but I would have let him if he really wanted to. Like someone previously stated, if you're not acting like a dumb *** then the cops will be ok with you. You gotta remember, cops deal with some of the worst loosers and dumb assess every single day. Personally, I waiting for my first pull over for the missing front plate. Kinda curious what the reaction will be.
Old 07-22-2004, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

black z28 they will tell you to put it back on and they will note your records. second time they do it, they will fine you.

wheni had a mustang i ordered a cobra front bumper and i didnt have the front plate on and i looked up how much the bracket would be and one local store was out of stock for 2 months, so i printed that out and just photo chopped and put it was out of stock for 6 months and i kept the plate in my car and i got pulled over twice and told the cops hey im waiting on my bracket i ordered and they were cool with that. i dunno if there is a way to do that with our cars, but its worth a shot to look it up, nice little way to get around it. cause honestly its kind of a stupid law if you ask me.
Old 07-23-2004, 02:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slik98z
black z28 they will tell you to put it back on and they will note your records. second time they do it, they will fine you...
Yeah, I was thinking about doing the "I'm waiting for a bracket" deal (I have a billet grill) but how many time can you go to that well?

But what's with the Vettes? I hardly ever see a plate on a Vette. I guess they get the automatic bye.

Quick Reply: Va emmissions?