Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn P0300 code Need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 08:45 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Damn P0300 code Need some advice

So I had a SES light come on and blink and found out from a search here that it is a multiple misfire code. Took the car to the dealership and was told that it could be caused from dirty injectors. They put some injector cleaner in the tank to see it cleared up the problem. If it didn't they said that I might need to replace the injectors. I am looking for a second opinion from some of the more knowledgable guys in here. I am getting longtubes this fall with a LSX intake and dyno tune. Could this wait until about October, or is it something that I could handle myself? Also, if new infectors are needed I would much rather upgrade than stay with stock parts. Since I went to the dealership, the SES light has stayed off, but when I reprogrammed with my Hypertech (for my 4.11s in the Moser) it had to clear the P0300 code again. The car only feels like its misfiring every now and then, but it feels strong most of the time. Anyone with advice, opinions, or a MTI 427 Super Stroker motor to give me feel free to reply. Little things like this annoy the hell out of me. Sometimes I wish the car would just blow up instead of nagging me like this. Thanks guys.
Old 07-24-2004, 09:05 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1BAD-SS
So I had a SES light come on and blink and found out from a search here that it is a multiple misfire code. Took the car to the dealership and was told that it could be caused from dirty injectors. They put some injector cleaner in the tank to see it cleared up the problem. If it didn't they said that I might need to replace the injectors. I am looking for a second opinion from some of the more knowledgable guys in here. I am getting longtubes this fall with a LSX intake and dyno tune. Could this wait until about October, or is it something that I could handle myself? Also, if new infectors are needed I would much rather upgrade than stay with stock parts. Since I went to the dealership, the SES light has stayed off, but when I reprogrammed with my Hypertech (for my 4.11s in the Moser) it had to clear the P0300 code again. The car only feels like its misfiring every now and then, but it feels strong most of the time. Anyone with advice, opinions, or a MTI 427 Super Stroker motor to give me feel free to reply. Little things like this annoy the hell out of me. Sometimes I wish the car would just blow up instead of nagging me like this. Thanks guys.

Since your car is a 00 like my 99 you have the stock 26lb injectors. You can get the upgraded 28lb injectors and fuel rail from Texas Speed for like 60.00 here: http://www.texas-speed.com/item_deta...ProductID=1027

This would be the cheapest thing you could replace them with and you would get the fuel rail to boot.

As far as it being other things, I would check Spark Plugs, Wires, mainly all of the ignition components and even the fuel filter if it hasn't been replaced.
Old 07-24-2004, 11:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by monodax
Since your car is a 00 like my 99 you have the stock 26lb injectors. You can get the upgraded 28lb injectors and fuel rail from Texas Speed for like 60.00 here: http://www.texas-speed.com/item_deta...ProductID=1027

This would be the cheapest thing you could replace them with and you would get the fuel rail to boot.

As far as it being other things, I would check Spark Plugs, Wires, mainly all of the ignition components and even the fuel filter if it hasn't been replaced.
Old 07-25-2004, 08:40 PM
TECH Regular

to the top