Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Re Calibrated MAP sensor to read Boost w/Stock PCM

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2004, 10:12 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re Calibrated MAP sensor to read Boost w/Stock PCM

Just wondering if varying the output of the MAP is possible i.e. allowing the use of the existing tables with changes allowing for boost..

I've seen a couple of people talk about 2 bar maps with a stock pcm so chime in a tell me how you did it ! Or where they did it
Old 07-25-2004, 06:06 AM
TECH Regular

I have also seen a few posts to that effect. The impression I got was that you could use a 2-bar MAP sensor with the same voltage scale as the stock one... Then rescale the appropriate tables in the PCM with double the MAP range but half the resolution. I would be interested in seeing a write-up from someone who has done this.
Old 07-25-2004, 05:32 PM
TECH Resident

TTT

Several members have turbo projects underway. Someone has to have some useful info, so spill it
Old 07-25-2004, 05:40 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Contact these people. I believe they are the ones that can fix you up with the 2 bar map sensor.

http://www.starrperformance.com.au/?Starr_Performance
Old 07-25-2004, 06:27 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by deezel
I have also seen a few posts to that effect. The impression I got was that you could use a 2-bar MAP sensor with the same voltage scale as the stock one... Then rescale the appropriate tables in the PCM with double the MAP range but half the resolution. I would be interested in seeing a write-up from someone who has done this.
yes you can do this no probs by rescaling the input and effectively halving every MAP value inside the PCM (good luck) and then when your scanning you need to realise everything MAP is halved as well. Why not double the VE table size and add a fuel vs. boost table instead (and leave everything else as it is)?
Old 07-25-2004, 06:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Work with the stuf thats already there from the GTPs
Old 07-25-2004, 09:23 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by gameover
yes you can do this no probs by rescaling the input and effectively halving every MAP value inside the PCM (good luck) and then when your scanning you need to realise everything MAP is halved as well. Why not double the VE table size and add a fuel vs. boost table instead (and leave everything else as it is)?
I'd like to add a fuel vs. boost table. I know Not any HEX by which to do this, do you have experiance with this

I think Harlen has the right idea with 2 MAF's, but I've got a single turbo.. I could put them in series vs parallel

XLR8NSS

I'll have to try calling those guys. I've sent them a few emails but haven't gotten a response