Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP true duals questions....

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2004, 09:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default TSP true duals questions....

How is the sound, raspy? How bad is the interior resonance, does everything vibrate? Any pics of them installed, I am mainly looking for a side shot and a shot from the rear (the TSP pics show the car on a lift, and the rearend is hanging). Are the exhaust outlets symmetrical (are they centered in the car, is the rearend housing centered between the openings, is everything level? Thanks, Shawn
Old 07-25-2004, 02:05 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shawn, from the cars I've installed and driven I've thought the sound to be kinda mellow. It has no rasp at all. The exhaust system is plenty adjustable, I center the rear part of the system up to the body, actually there are 2 seat belt brackets under the car that I use for reference points. You can get the exhaust allot higher by having the rear end supported during the install, or by using a drive-on lift. Once its installed you can weld the connections up instead of using clamps too, but I'd still use band clamps where it connects to the headers.
Old 07-25-2004, 02:40 PM
Staging Lane

I dont have TSP duals, but I do have Lanes Duals... The rattles really arent all that bad. The only things thats annoying is like loose change in the cup holder or center console. I have hooker LT's with x pipe and bullets and I have no rasp. My car sounds mean as HELL!!! I get compliments all the time on it.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:22 AM
Teching In

Got my exhaust installed and nothing rattles. My headers still hit my k-member some but nothing really rattles too bad. Well, aside from loose change in my ash tray. Here is an interior video of my car... you need divx to view it.

https://bacchus.engr.uark.edu/~jack/jackexhaust.avi