Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header Install Problem

Old 07-26-2004, 11:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Header Install Problem

I started a headers install, got the manifolds off and went to put the header in and the steering elbow is in the way and i cant get it off... took both of the bolts off and it still wont come off and it seems that this is blocking the header from going in... and the tab on the block that has to be shaved... How do i go about getting the steering elbow off?... or any other tips would be helpfull... we were so damn close...
Thanks
Bryan.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:43 PM
TECH Junkie

If I remember right it slides up on the top part of the steering shaft and then you can pull the bottom part out. Once the bottom is out the top slides right off. Also there is a bolt on the top and the bottom so make sure you get them both. Its pretty easy once you do it one time.
Old 07-26-2004, 11:43 PM
11 Second Club

I did a flowtech header install yesterday and we took the plugs out and that was all we had to do. wasnt hard to get them back in either.
Old 07-27-2004, 05:59 AM
On The Tree

Mine is being a bitch... its stuck between the steering elbow, the tab on the block, a head-bolt and a piece of the underbody of the car... so im hoping that once we get the steering elbow out it will go a little smoother.

Search this Thread