Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

improving performance with hp tuners over stock tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 06:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default improving performance with hp tuners over stock tune

ive got a question, and ive did a search and didnt find much..

i have a near stock 98 ls1 with just lid and loudmouth, and i want to get hp tuners next so i can become familiar with the tuning procedures before i got my cam and headers.

1.) is it possible to increase performance over the gm tune, if so what tables/items should i edit, im sure its possible since the hypertech and predator work decent on stock cars. im just looking for some insight on where to start.

2.) i live where there are no emission checks, so when i go to buy my headers ill already have hp tuners, should i get headers with out the air and egr. and edit them out in the pcm or just get the emission ones.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you don't need emmisions stuff, and like a clean engine bay, i would ditch them.

as for horsepower... there is a good amount of power stored in a stock tune, that can be increased with tuning.

as far as what to do, timing will get you more power, but there are many functions that you need to know how they all work together

Ryan
Old 07-27-2004, 08:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i figured there had to be a decent amount left in the stock tune, i just didnt know how to go about it.. I want to get hp tuners before everything else so i can learn what and how to tweak things.

thanks,
Greg