Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corsa Cat back goes best with what header?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 11:55 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Corsa Cat back goes best with what header?

What header will give me that extra grunt with a Corsa Cat, at idle I need my presence known better, and still not be too crazy loud in the car with normal driving. I've heard Kooks are too quiet. Any opinions?
Old 07-28-2004, 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

I think that they are all crazy loud at first then they quiet down after a week. Just my .02
Old 07-28-2004, 12:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think any one brand of longtube will yield a different sound than the other. It all depends on whats after the header..... Cats or ORY. I've run the Corsa with and without cats. Running the ORY was a loud raw sound, slightly unrefined and raspy around 22-2800rpms but was awesome at WOT. Adding the 3" Carsound Cats really got rid of the raw sound and made it a deep Corsa tone with no rasp at all. WOT is still damn loud. Longtubes Highflow Cats @ Corsa is a very good setup that will announce your presence. Add a lopey cam and it gets even better.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:55 AM
TECH Resident

Nothing through a Corsa will sound nasty at idle. Now when you get on it that is another story.
Old 07-28-2004, 11:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

JamR, Get yourself a 224+ duration cam on a 112LSA and you will have found that nasty sound at idle through the Corsa. Trust Me. Running an ORY it's even more pronounced.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:38 AM
Sweet Cheeks

To be honset, all my setups were with cats mind you. The SLP headers ripped and screamed with the corsa, but the Kooks are deeper and more mellow while still tearing at WOT. The Corsa is very easily tamed, meaning it won't be loud unless you make it get loud. It's a great setup.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Dear John
To be honset, all my setups were with cats mind you. The SLP headers ripped and screamed with the corsa, but the Kooks are deeper and more mellow while still tearing at WOT. The Corsa is very easily tamed, meaning it won't be loud unless you make it get loud. It's a great setup.
I wonder how bad the rasp would be while running an ORY with the Corsa? I'm planning on the Kooks once I have the money, and would like to save money by buying the ORY, but Im worried about too much rasp

I would assume it would be the best cat-back to do an ORY on it since its quieter than almost every setup out there....any help?
Old 07-29-2004, 11:27 AM
Sweet Cheeks

Cats=better sound (smoother and deeper)
No cats=a few more HP and a raspy ripping sound with little definition. It sounds like **** to say the least.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:32 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Dear John
Cats=better sound (smoother and deeper)
No cats=a few more HP and a raspy ripping sound with little definition. It sounds like **** to say the least.
even through a corsa?
Old 07-29-2004, 11:50 AM
Sweet Cheeks

Corsa is very throaty. When you throw race pipes in front of it it turns into raspy and annoying Borla kind of sound. WOT is WOT and will be louder than a catted Y pipe, but cruising around just sounds unhealthy IMO. I would get catted Kooks and Premium Corsa. Oh wait, I did get that.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:48 PM
Staging Lane

I have the Corsa and an ORY, but I still have stock ex manifolds. YEAH its loud. Almost as loud as my cut-out, espically when you run it above 2200. However, its relatively quiet when the car is in 5h or 6th gear. Also, I've heard that longtubes will tone down the rasp. I'm going to get some Edelbrock headers and see if I like it. If not, I'm just going to put a bullet muffler behind the cut-out
Old 07-29-2004, 05:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Big Ty
I have the Corsa and an ORY, but I still have stock ex manifolds. YEAH its loud. Almost as loud as my cut-out, espically when you run it above 2200. However, its relatively quiet when the car is in 5h or 6th gear. Also, I've heard that longtubes will tone down the rasp. I'm going to get some Edelbrock headers and see if I like it. If not, I'm just going to put a bullet muffler behind the cut-out

LTs will magnify the rasp.....its the ORY that makes it raspy. Cats cure that though.