PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help Me Please ! Dealership Srcewed My Car.

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 02:45 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Me Please ! Dealership Srcewed My Car.

I bought a 2002 WS6 M6 about two weeks ago. Still under factory warranty.
I took it to the dealership today to get fixed some minor problems (shaking a little bit around 60 miles)
Than they said the car has some aftermarket parts on it they void the warranty.
(o.k. I'll pay for it I mean the shaky stuff)
It has long tube headers, exhaust cutout, and chipped (or one of those programmers were used top speed limit, rev limit ...etc changed) o2 sensors disconnected or removed etc gears were changed but the 3.42 were put back (yeah speedometer indicates 45 when I'm doing 60 miles
So their computer probably srcewed the program what the car was running on while they were checking out my car.
The car is JERKING now check engine light is on too.
*What now should I get a let's say a predator and reprogram my car.
Will it fix it???

dealership

GUYS I REALLY NEED NEED NEED HELP!

Tommy
Old 07-28-2004, 06:44 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

id get your computer reflashed back to stock & go from there.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you need to read the SES light and find out the problem. It may not be computer related, could be a vacuum leak, etc.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:13 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TOMMY BOY74
I took it to the dealership today to get fixed some minor problems (shaking a little bit around 60 miles)
It has long tube headers, exhaust cutout, and chipped (or one of those programmers were used top speed limit, rev limit ...etc changed) o2 sensors disconnected or removed etc gears were changed but the 3.42 were put back (yeah speedometer indicates 45 when I'm doing 60 miles
So their computer probably srcewed the program what the car was running on while they were checking out my car.
Will it fix it???

dealership

Tommy

They cannot void the car's warranty for aftermarket parts. They can however deny the claim for parts that are affected due to you installing aftermarket components. Meaning if you install a K&N filter and it damages the MAF with excessive oil due to improper re-oiling they don't have to replace the MAF under warranty as aftermarket part did the damage. But if you go there for a suspension problem they cannot "Void" you warranty due to you having long tubes, etc.. This is clearly documented in the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, You can read more about it here: http://www.duramax.bizhosting.com/ma...s-warranty.htm

Just don't let them scare you and push you around. Just go to another dealership that you trust and tell them to help you out. I wouldn't go there with any tuning done and if you don't have your O2 sensor connected in the rear you will have problems with most dealerships as this is a major no no especially if you don't have cats as most will not work on the car in that condition.
You really need to get someone with a code reader and see what codes you have thrown to see what is going on.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TOMMY BOY74
Will it fix it???

dealership

Tommy
Anytime you take your car to the dealership they will pull your program and install a stock one..I know some of the things you did probably is true for voiding the warranty,but beware, alot of after market parts are CARB legal and the dealers will try to void the warranty when they should not,such as headders,most are legal and the dealership cannot void the warranty...