PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few tuning questions for Turbo.

Old 07-29-2004, 10:25 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few tuning questions for Turbo.

I've been trying to get my PT drivabilty a little better on my car and I'm about out of ideas. It's a 98 T/A with a TTI turbo kit, stock cube 9.3:1 comp. ported 6.0 heads and stock cam with a 6 speed.
The problem i'm having is pretty much it drives like total crap once it gets warmed up, WOT is great it's just the PT. it feels real slugish and it noses over on the shifts. You have to almost do a 2500rpm launch to get it to take off from a stop without it lugging real bad and after every shift it's almost like it cuts out and lugs when you tip in the throttle after the shift which makes smooth shifts impossible All my l-trims are pretty much in line at -2/-7, the O2s are switching and working and i'm showing no codes. Throttle responce is is non existent but i think some of that is from all the intake piping but it still don't explain why i have to give it so much throttle to get it moving from a stop.
I hope somone can help me out with this cause i'm starting to get tired of chasing my tail trying to figure it out.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:51 AM
TECH Resident

I'd also like to add that the car runs stong and perfect untill it warms up and goes into closed loop. It still hesitates alittle bit on the shifts but it's a 100% better then when it warms up.
Old 08-01-2004, 02:01 PM
TECH Resident

OK so nobody around here has any suggestions.

Search this Thread