Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need pics of true duels with cats

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 10:37 AM
STF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I need pics of true duels with cats

I am seriously thinking about ditching the Borla and going true duels. I will need cats to pass emmissions (visual). I would love to have them over the axle but I want all true duel pics with cats that you guys have. I need to get some ideas for the exhaust shop that I choose.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

brandon, i dont think they will pass even with cats. a guy told me the pipes have to exit out of the rear,not dumped to pass. better check first. it may be different in your county. fwiw i had the duals for awhile. i didnt have cats though. it made my car sound alot different than the borla. sounded good, but the drone inside the car drove me NUTS. i will probabally go back w/ duals again but w/ a different muffler. the ones i had came w/ the 12" bullet mufflers. the weight difference between the borla and duals was 30lbs! thats one reason why i might go back w/ them. anyway how this helps. charles
Old 07-30-2004, 05:02 PM
On The Tree

I dont have the trual dual setup, but I do have the single bullet turndown with cats and passed smog. The guy said most shops wont smog you cause they dont like getting underneath the car. Also he stated "it wont pass the visual check". You just got to find a smog tech's.
Old 07-30-2004, 05:04 PM
On The Tree

cont.

You just got to find a smog tech thats cool enough to over look it