PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tuning tonight. Removed EGR with HPTuners...interesting...

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2004, 09:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning tonight. Removed EGR with HPTuners...interesting...

I removed my EGR using HPTuners because I suspected I was having some issues caused by excessive exhaust gas in the cylinders. Oddly enough it fixed some problems I was having with my LTFTs at low RPM high vacuum. My car actually idles a lot better now (I am running 925rpms normal, 975rpms with AC). Anyways, my LTFTs were dumping a bunch of extra fuel before, now that the EGR is gone it stopped, and I could actually watch my injector pulse width drop as it adjusted for the change. Really weird.

The other thing I was testing out was where I set knock retard in PE at 3600 and 4000 rpms to zero because of false knock. Holy crap. I had no idea how much of a difference 4 degrees or so can make at WOT. Usually when I floor it from a rolling stop you can hear the tires start to squeak as they are about to pull loose at 3500 or so rpms. Now the car goes sideways as it revs from a rolling start. Sweet. No audible knock either.

It might be my imagination too, but all around the car feels stronger without the EGR too. But that could just be that lying butt-o-meter. Anyways, just wanted to share and hear comments if anybody had any.