Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

installed 26x11.5x15 on 8" weld

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2002, 09:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installed 26x11.5x15 on 8" weld

These are ET Streets. I just thought I would let people know that they fit just fine. No bulge on the side wall. The tire sits square up from the rim. I haven't track tested them yet but I will do that this weekend if the weather is with us. I will also test which tire pressure works best.
Previously I had 26x10.5x15 ET Streets and they would always spin a bit. I know I'm supposed to be using a 10" rim, but I don't have money for both.
Old 10-05-2002, 05:33 AM
TECH Addict

Default Re: installed 26x11.5x15 on 8" weld

The stock rims are also 8" wide. I have been using 26 x 11.5 x 15 ET Streets for a long time. They do work great but we are not using all the width of the tire by using this narrow wheel. It makes for a little too much crown.

I normally run about 23 psi and run 1.6 60' with no spin. I tried 25 psi last Wednesday and that worked fine. You are running about the same 60' as I so this should be close for you unless you track doen't have the same grip.
Old 10-05-2002, 11:17 AM
11 Second Club

Larry, thanks for the reply. I had done some searching and someone said that they new lots of guys running them, but I couldn't find anything on the search. So I just went ahead and did it. I went out to a empty parking lot last night and did some short burnouts to check out the tread pattern vs. tire pressure. I started at 23 psi and that was the best patch. I purposely went down to 20, then 18 and man did the tire ever cup. Thanks for the info. Now I will go and try higher and see how that works. My car is a bit heavier than yours 3580, so I was wondering how the weight affects tire pressure with stock suspension although I do have RLCA's and an air bag. Our track prep is iffy some days, that's why I went with a larger tire.
Old 10-05-2002, 11:19 AM
11 Second Club

By the way. Cool website and nice cars. My buddy has a 2000 stang. very nice cars.
Old 10-06-2002, 10:14 AM
TECH Addict

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">By the way. Cool website and nice cars. My buddy has a 2000 stang. very nice cars.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks! Unfortunately I don't have the stang anymore. I wrecked it about 3 months ago. With a strong head wind that night it started flying at about the 1000' mark. I hit the wall. Parted it out.

I too have an air bag in the passenger rear. It really helps traction to keep the car level at launch. A good rear anti sway bar and/or air bag is mandatory for a hard launch. I had to go with an aftermarket anti sway bar on my stang to keep it level. I ran a best 1.36 60' with it on the run I wrecked.

Weight on the rear certainly does affect traction but you can have a light rear end and still hold traction if your suspension set up right and the correct air pressure in your tires. My car has a 3385# race weight. If your track is prepped properly you can probably run more pressure than I with your additional weight.

<small>[ October 06, 2002, 10:20 AM: Message edited by: Larry ]</small>
Old 10-06-2002, 11:14 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks again Larry. Sorry to hear that about your stang. I guess it's safe to assume that you are fine.
I was thinking about a wolfe anti sway bar but I wasn't sure if I needed it yet as the car isn't really all that fast. But if it would help in planting the tires better, I should probably consider one. Also our track isn't always prepped real good so I need as much help as I can get. Thanks for the infor about weight vs tire pressure. I'm off to the track today, so I'll let you know how it goes. It could be hard to beat my 1.62
Old 10-06-2002, 11:08 PM
11 Second Club

Well I ran 1.66 60's all day long with absolutely no wheel spin at all. The car was dead smooth out of the hole stalling it up to 2800. I ran 25 psi the first two passes and that worked great. Then one pass I had some spin so I lowered to 23psi and no more spin at all for the rest of the day. The air wasn't as cool so I didn't get the 1.62 60's. I did run within a few hundreths all day long though. I'm happy now as I could never run consistent with the wheels spinning of course.