Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

knock sensor help

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 02:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default knock sensor help

well yesterday my car through it's first code(i'm so proud ). it was po332,low voltage to left bank knock sensor. i cleared it and drove it all day and it has not come back yet.my question is what would cause this code ? should i change the sensor or wait it out?last but not least can it hurt the motor to wait if it is a bad sensor?

thanks for any help
Old 07-31-2004, 03:29 PM
TECH Addict

You have a bad KS. I would change them both, make an RTV dam around the knock sensors (GM TSB), and replace the wire, while you're at it.
Old 07-31-2004, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the help. can i hurt anything by driving the car like this for a while?
Old 07-31-2004, 07:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by outkast6991
thanks for the help. can i hurt anything by driving the car like this for a while?
no, but performance will SUCK

you're most likely in the low octane tables right now... and getting timing pulled out on top of that...

pickup some new sensors, do the RTV damn as suggested (do a search here and there are instructions for it somewhere)

it's not a big job... gotta pull the injectors and the intake manifold, then the knock sensors screw into the lifter valley cover under the intake manifold
Old 08-01-2004, 09:25 AM
TECH Addict

Exactly.

And when you put the intake back on, be careful you don't crush the KS wire. Route it just left (looking from the front) of the knock sensors, but keep it away from where the intake seats. Also, don't forget to pull out the foam square under your intake (it wicks water under the intake).