Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FYI: #'s after Headers and Duals on Stock Car.

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 11:05 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FYI: #'s after Headers and Duals on Stock Car.

Don't know if I should have posted this in the dyno section but I wanted to let everyone who asks and talks about headers and duals options for their completely stock cars. I did not get a before dyno but I still feel this info is usefull. I have a 98 WS6 M6 with 59k miles, After many months of research and guys like JRP, Country Boy and others I made the choice to do the Headers and Dual option. I did my research before and during JRP's write up on the exhaust. So thank JRP it was very helpfull. I am a newbie to modding but have had my car for almost 2 years. I had my headers since Jan. and only in the last 2 weeks have I had the headers and duals on the car. I got a dyno today and felt I should share my experience. I decided to do duals because I wanted the deep sound that was clean without rasp or spending 700 dollars on a catback. So I bought Pacesetter LT Coated with extentions and sims. I bought the 99.95 duals kit from JcWhitney " Heartthrob" is what its called 3inch by the way. I then bought 12inch Bullets from Jegs. I installed the headers my self with the stock bolts and left all the EGR intacted. I do want block of plates. I did do !Cats. I got my exhuast installed for $130 and it looks awesome and sounds awesome. I highly recomend this option to anyone. I decided not to be scared of all the people saying I was going to lose Tq, I thought hell, live and learn plus in the future when I do more mods the flow and Hp will be increased. So anyways I dynoed today and my numbers were 320.8 Hp and 336.0 TQ. I would scan dyno but don't have scanner. I might be able to get pic's of headers, duals, sound clip and dyno scan in a few days or so. But I felt that these numbers are exactly average for what you should see on a completely stock car, I mean not even a lid or anything. I forgot to mention that they said I am running pretty lean as well at 14.5 I think that's what they said so maybe even losing a bit with that. I did replace the plugs during the install with the NGK-TR55's, gapped at .055. The old plugs looked like crap and were very black(running rich I think). So the point of this thread is to don't be scared of all the BS you hear, take everything with a grain of salt and learn from it all. Be smart when modding and with parts you buy but try new things and experiment because everyone can achieve the same results and do things in different ways. So good luck with your headers and catbacks and duals and I hope this post was usefull to those who read it. P.S Guys do you your research on all your mods. Learn about each part before you buy it. I only have like 5 posts on here and I have been a member since like Nov. So spend most you time reading and researching but always with a grain of salt. Also find the guys that have thier heads on straight like JRP,Country and others and listin to what they have to say.
Old 07-30-2004, 11:48 PM
TECH Regular

good point, iv had my car over a year and the whole time i have been hooked to the boards reading and researching, i finally made the decision to buy pacesetters coated and going with duals...im considering getting a before dyno, but not sure i wanna spend the money...good post!
Old 07-31-2004, 12:43 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

this post almost brings a tear to my eye...

get some clips up and pics of your setup if you can.
Old 07-31-2004, 01:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jrp
this post almost brings a tear to my eye...
LOL you big softy. You must just have a huge heart for noobs like us eh? Oh, and BTW, I have a question that could use your excellant guidance in the Interanals section.
To the poster.... Thanks for the write up. I was in this section, looking for exactly what you posted. Easiest search I ever made. 320hp is what.... about 15hp gain over stock? And headers are an exponential mod too right? The more you do, the more they matter?
Old 07-31-2004, 10:48 PM
TECH Regular

Try to do my best on the clips and stuff. I would reply to the other thread but am still researching the cams myself so I will leave it to the guys who know what they are doing. By the way I do enjoy reading your write up on Cams JRP(Thank you) for these threads. I think that the before dyno isn't nesscary but can be very useful. It's up to you weather you want to spend the extra money. And yes the more you do the more they gain great aren't they, Headers and Duals rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-01-2004, 09:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job on the write up Taylor! Glad I could give give you a little advice! Ive seen Dayzed's dual's in person, and I must say they look awsome! Get to the track, and get some practice!