PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPP3 questions

Old 07-31-2004, 11:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default This will stump you...HPP3

Ok were we go. Im only using the Hypercrap because it came with the car when i bought it, and dont have the HPtuner yet. My problem with the hypercrap is the shift points. 1-2 is good and firm, 2-3 is screwed up. I would change the points and it would hit the revlimiter, but with the same points at another time it would shift early (early enough that it was basically skipping 2nd gear compeletly) I've had it set at just about every possible point and it is never right, it will hit revlimiter and on the next run it would shift early. My gears are 4.10s, tires are 295/50, and several bolt on mods.

If i tune the car back to stock the shifting is good, but the speedo is way off, so i have to use the HHP3 to correct for gears/tires.

Any advice on wtf is going wrong here would be helpful!

Last edited by SScottie; 08-14-2004 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the car shifts fine with the stock settings then reprogram using all the features you like but hit "N" for no on the shift firmness questions. The HPP3 allows you to pick and choose the options that you want to apply. Therefore your speedo will still read correctly provided you enter the right info. Another note here is that you don't have to go back to stock to change things. Plug it up and hit "Y"es for modify settings. Then you can avoid the speedo altogether.
Old 08-01-2004, 12:51 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ram-it
If the car shifts fine with the stock settings then reprogram using all the features you like but hit "N" for no on the shift firmness questions. The HPP3 allows you to pick and choose the options that you want to apply. Therefore your speedo will still read correctly provided you enter the right info. Another note here is that you don't have to go back to stock to change things. Plug it up and hit "Y"es for modify settings. Then you can avoid the speedo altogether.
You dont understand....i only changed the things needed to correct the speedo and it still makes it shift early. So answer that one? im mind boggled cause im not doing anything to the shift points and the gears/tire height that i put in the programmer are correct but it makes it shift way early on the 2-3. And if i try to manually shift it 2-D, it will NOT shift, it goes all the way up to the revlimiter. But if i have the programmer set the car back to stock, the shift points are fine but the speedo is way off. And this wont work cause i need a correct speedo.
Old 08-01-2004, 03:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, if you only did the things to correct the speedo then why the need to go back to stock settings? That is what threw me off. Anyway, at this point if that is all you used the HPP3 for was speedo recalibration then I would suggest calling their 800 help line. Sorry.
Old 08-14-2004, 06:14 PM
11 Second Club

figured id give an update....The car has 4.10s, and with 4.10s and the mods i have, people have told me it should just put the tires up in smoke, but it doesnt like they say it should. I got out the HPP3 yesterday and set it for 3.73 gears (remember the car has 4.10s). Now the car blows the tires up in smoke launching from an idle and shifts perfect. The speedo is now 5mph slow....Hypertech is Hypercrap
Old 08-14-2004, 06:23 PM
TECH Addict

It sounds like you need to adjust your speedometer and then adjustyour shift points using something other than Hyperpoop. I have owned a few of them...I don't know how I feel about them. If I had the money to dyno every mod I would probably have a better feeling about it. I missed having mine until I got HPTuners...now I only think about Hypertech in my nightmares.

Search this Thread