Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HP Tuning Questions

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 01:14 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HP Tuning Questions

1) Can HP Tuner run off a wideband, in a forced mode like FAST can?

2) Looking at the screen shot on their website, it shows a shot of ADVANCE, for the timing table playback. When modifing the Advance, can you pull up that same area that was played back, or does it pull up a complete timing table like LS1Edit does? I have seen the FAST timing table, it displays the complete table, but highlights the blocks of Advance used during its playback, you can then go to those highlit blocks and modify indivually, or in smaller groups. You dont have to look at one table, exit out, go to the programming table, pull it up and trace across the RPM vs. g/cyl to figure out where you need to modify. Does that make any sense.

3) Is it easier to change idle characteristics with HP Tuners after cam installs, then with Edit? I havent looked at the manual, I apoligize for that, but being in Afghanistan right now, it can be a little time consuming downloading things. I have learned enough about Edit to get my trims, and stuff in-line after putting a TSP 231/237 @ 112* in my Auto. There still a little surge here and there, but not bad at all. Just curious if the manual/software is easier to use then Edit (what Edit manual )

Thanks much.

Charlie
Old 08-01-2004, 11:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it might let you interface with a wideband for scanner, but i highly doubt it will work as a forced mode for fueling like fast can.

I hope im wrong, but unless the new cable is a lot more sophisticated, i don't see it happening

Ryan
Old 08-01-2004, 11:11 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is tuning idle/IAC B*llshi*t any easier? I hope so, even if the manual has it wrote down then thats an advantage. As of now, idling and crap after cam installs is a Migrane.
My goal is to get the thumper cams in, idling low and smooth and not have to take a week of sundays figuring out if it need more IAC and less of this or that etc...

Need the wideband force mode.