Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

No ABS or TC with 12 bolt, easy?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2004, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No ABS or TC with 12 bolt, easy?

Getting a 12 bolt. Don't want to mess with ABS or TC. Do I just put in the 12 bolt do away witht the sensors and live with the ABS light or is it not that simple.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:41 PM
10 Second Moderator

Originally Posted by ricekillman
Getting a 12 bolt. Don't want to mess with ABS or TC. Do I just put in the 12 bolt do away witht the sensors and live with the ABS light or is it not that simple.
Thats what I did, The 12 bolt gives the car a Tight confident feel and with a M6 car it gave me peace of mind.
Old 09-09-2004, 10:39 PM
Launching!

so no problems doing this. will the brakes still perform ok just no anti lock? whats needed if you dont use the abs connection? just an abs light? im thinking about buying a moser housing and then buying piece by piece until i get everything. thats easier for me to do than trying to save $2200+ dollars
Old 09-11-2004, 10:53 AM
Staging Lane

I just installed a rear end with TCS in my non TCS car yesterday......long story! Anyhow, what I did was not hook up the abs sensors and thought "ok I can live with the ABS light on" ....well not only is my ABS light on but so is my parking brake light and every time I hit the brakes for the first time ,after start up, the pedal makes the ABS cycling noise then doesn't do it again.
Old 09-11-2004, 12:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by proauto
I just installed a rear end with TCS in my non TCS car yesterday......long story! Anyhow, what I did was not hook up the abs sensors and thought "ok I can live with the ABS light on" ....well not only is my ABS light on but so is my parking brake light and every time I hit the brakes for the first time ,after start up, the pedal makes the ABS cycling noise then doesn't do it again.
This post is prity old, I was origenally getting a 12bolt with no ABS TCS provisoins I sence have gotten a ford 8.8. I have had my custom ford 8.8 rear end installed and have provisoins for ABS and TCS but have not hooked them up. Because when I did I noticed that the ABS was working funny. I realized it was because my ABS sensors were a bit loose. I didn't try to mess witht them and unplugged them. What's weird is my TCS is always off now, which i'm happy with, the ABS and Parking Brake light is on as well as the ABS inop light. But I have had no issues with braking yet. I have had to slam on the brakes acouple of times, and found out that my rear tires tend to lock up just before the front with the ABS off. I wouldn't suggest driving like this, but I do anyway. I'm thinking of getting a Brake Ballance Controller so that I can put more power to the front rotors, but with as much as that is going to cost, It's just eisier to plug in the sensors which is what i'm going to do. But to answer anyones question. Yes you can drive without the senseors on a non TCS/ABS rear, save a lot of money without any issues other then the fact of loosing that inssurance of having ABS and not having completley correct brake distribution as is in my case.