Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

B1 is in

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2004, 07:20 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up B1 is in

Finished the install last night and all told put in about 6 hours with pro tools and a lift.I had good luck with 5/16 brake line ovaled out,I installed these after the lifters were up and them turned the rods to tighten against the lifter bodies.I was real nervous about the oil pump o-ring and bought an extra 1 in case of ripping it,but its not bad at all when the pans lowered.I used a new stock chain and was concerned about it being as loose as the original but several people have told me its normal.As for the springs the back 2 on each side do suck,I had a tool I bought to lever them off the rocker bolt holes but the bolt would barely start and was grade 5 so I used a normal spring compressor and changed them and the seals in about 2.5 hours.I cranked over the motor with the coil packs off untill the oil pressure came up and then fired it before adding the waterpump/radiator for a few seconds and after getting a steady 55 PSI I shut it down and finished the front install.The cam fired right up and after an idle hunt settles on a nice warmed up 850 with a real cool lope that is not aggressive but definately not stock.I kept it under 4K and noticed a nice pull plus its manners are really good with no surge or idle hunt at stops,it does shake the car slightly.It would probably be borderline in an A4 but is a great street M6 cam,I love it.
Old 08-07-2004, 03:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had the c1 and it was as nice as stock,but with more power.it was on a 112 and hardly shook the car at all and i could only hear the cam from the back of the car.i now have the g5x2 cam and it's a way better cam all around.
Old 08-07-2004, 06:09 PM
Banned

Congrats on the install! Love to hear what it's like after some time in the throttle.

Originally Posted by mike c.
i had the c1 and it was as nice as stock,but with more power.it was on a 112 and hardly shook the car at all and i could only hear the cam from the back of the car.i now have the g5x2 cam and it's a way better cam all around.
Quick question, do you know what happened to Raughammer's page on the C1 cam? I saw lots of references to it in searches, but it's not up anymore. Maybe someone saved it somewhere...thanx.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:58 PM
11 Second Club

As an update I hammered on the car a few times yesterday and under WOT its way louder then before and pulls pretty hard compared to the stock cam.I'm actually suprised it picked up as much as it did.The car ran mid 12s stock internal so I think a low 12 or high 11 easy with a good launch.Whats even better is the valvetrain noise is as stock with no sewing machine sound.Great old school cam.