Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird 4L60E problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 07:50 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird 4L60E problem

Here's some background of what happened...

I was at the track, made one full pass with no problems at all...tranny shifted fine every gear and showed no signs of slipage. Pulled into the pits and let the car sit for about 30mins. I get back in the car to make another pass and put it in reverse...NOTHING . Car didn't move and i didn't even feel it engage. I decide to throw it in drive..NOTHING..and the same for all gears. I get out check the tranny fluid and smell for burnt fluid but everything seems fine. I reset the PCM and try running it thru all the gears and still nothing...

I let the car sit again for another 5mins while i tried figuring out what was up. I decided to give it one more try..running it thru the gears again..and then BAM! It popped and started rolling so i drive it around the pit..1st is back..it shifts into 2nd..and into 3rd like nothing happend

So with the car shifting and going into gear again..i make another pass and all is good. I dead stop the car while getting my time slip and it starts acting up again..i give it 1/4 throttle in D and BAM! it starts rolling again and shifting fine.

What do you guys think is wrong? I'm thinking the shift solenoids were sticking because the tranny performed fine before and after my little ordeal in the pits.

BTW: I did scan the car for DTC's and came back with nothing, BUT i do have the P0757 & P0740 codes deleted...running a PY3600E

Lemmie know what u guys think
Old 08-08-2004, 08:55 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could be the solenoids. I have had something very similar happen to me tue to bad solenoids. I lost reverse, 3rd and 4th but had 1st and 2nd.
I put the car in reverse and brought the rpm's up to 4000, the car for some reason cought and I did a backwards burnout. Everything was fine then.
It happened again 3 days later when I was racing from a roll and shifted the car myself. I am replacing the solenoids this week.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:39 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep that's exactly like mine was acting. I already ordered new solenoids and I'm gonna swap them both out in the next few days...