Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Great weather=new best for Ws6,but.....SS :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2002, 03:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great weather=new best for Ws6,but.....SS :(

We had the greatest weather today no doubt. Took the 00 WS6 out to the track, and took the 99 SS. I removed my front sway bar last night on the SS, I through on some 215-60-16 tires on the front for weight and rolling resistance, I through the jack/slicks into my buddys truck, through the OEM 17" SS wheels with the 275s on the back until we got to the track then I would bolt up my slicks. We were on our way! 3/4 of the way, we pulled into a gas station to let another buddy catch up. As we pull back out I got into the throttle a little. I shifted to 2nd then stomped the gas, instant spinnage, but the weird thing was the spinning turned into complete tread smoking, all trough second until I shifted to 3rd. I heard a really loud bang and I thought mayby the trans mount, but I looked and I sheared the bolt off that connects the torq arm to the 12 bolt. I am just hoping the 12 bolt's case didn't break or crack. I ned to get anoth OEM, anyon2 ??????? We ran the 00 WS6 on its nittos to a best of 13.5@106mph. We mounted the ET streets 26x10.5x16 and air them up to 20psi. Slipped the clutch from 4000 wnd ran 13.10@105mph with a 2.060ft. The WS6 ran great, time to update the sig, hopefully I can get a pass next week.