Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Moser 9" Installed

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 08:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moser 9" Installed

What a glorious weekend (now that it's over). With the help of a few friends I got my Moser 9" with 4.10 gears installed in my 00 WS6. DAMN that thing is heavy!

The rear end came out of a 99 SS, so most of the fitment issues, ABS, traction control, eetc were already worked out. But there were still a couple mods that I needed to make. Like reforming the floor with a BFH to clear the torque arm, and making some shock mount spacers (the body of my HALs hit on the mounting flanges), and the getting the right u-joint pressed into the driveshaft. But over all I am very happy.

I went against conventional wisdom and paired 4.10s with an A4 because 1) that is what came with the rear end, and 2) my calculations show with 26" slicks, I will be turning right around 6k going thru the traps. Since we don't daily drive the car anymore, I didn't see any reason for buying 3.73s. And it's fine on the hwy. I turn around 2500rpms at 70mph. More than the 2k I used to turn, but not objectionable. And I am happy to say they don't make very much noise at all.

Now I need to get her out to the track to see what it did for my et!