Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spintech replacement for mufflex 3.5 ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 01:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Spintech replacement for mufflex 3.5 ?

I recently put a mufflex 3.5 catback with the single outlet spintech. I want to find a different muffler to put on it. It seems that neither Borla or Magnaflow make a muffler with the inlet/outlet positioned the same way (inlet offset to the rear of the car, and outlet forward) I have spent quite a while searching and I can't seem to find anything. Can anyone help? When I find something I am going to dyno it with the Spintech, Open, and then with whatever other muffler I can find. The main reason for changing is that I am not super-happy with the way the Spintech sounds, it seems to have a little drone at cruise.

Thanks,
Aaron
Old 08-09-2004, 06:13 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ha im thinking of buying the 4" mufflex with the spintech. i was just wondering if you had anymods done to your car while running this catback. I can deal with a little drone. but i was wondering how it sounded other than that. Like is it a real deep smooth sound or what. thanks
Old 08-09-2004, 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

I had the corsa on before which I didn't care for. I love the Spintech, very deep and throaty, not too loud when driving normal and they know you mean business when you get on it (but still not obnoxious).
Old 08-09-2004, 10:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2001WS6Vert
I had the corsa on before which I didn't care for. I love the Spintech, very deep and throaty, not too loud when driving normal and they know you mean business when you get on it (but still not obnoxious).
sweet im looking forward to getting it, i absolutly hate the way my car sounds now. Just want that nice throaty deep sound without true duals and i think this is how to get it.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:23 PM
Staging Lane

I have Longtubes, 3" ORY, and the mufflex. Don't get me wrong, i do like the way it sounds, it just is a little annoying at about 1600RPM. I just want to see the sound and power diff between the spintech and say...a magnaflow...hopefully I can find something..Thanks
Old 08-10-2004, 07:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Heavy Metal
I have Longtubes, 3" ORY, and the mufflex. Don't get me wrong, i do like the way it sounds, it just is a little annoying at about 1600RPM. I just want to see the sound and power diff between the spintech and say...a magnaflow...hopefully I can find something..Thanks
Cool keep us posted if you do the switch. Would like to hear from someone the difference in sound with that particular exhaust. By the way you its annoying at about 1600rpm. do you mean it cracks like a pickup or do you mean it just has a drone to it. thanks
Old 08-11-2004, 01:19 PM
Staging Lane

I'll let ya'all know how it turns out. I am still trying to find another muffler that i can use. I may see if stainless works can make one that will fit, I can't believe that no other companies make a offset/offset muffler.

Quick Reply: Spintech replacement for mufflex 3.5 ?