Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hookers

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hookers

Ijust installed my hooker headers on my 2002 ss,Im having a prob on the drivers side header the collector is to close to the floor of the car.How can I fix this?can I bend the header down to get more clearance?THANKS
Old 08-10-2004, 10:43 AM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BlackVader
Ijust installed my hooker headers on my 2002 ss,Im having a prob on the drivers side header the collector is to close to the floor of the car.How can I fix this?can I bend the header down to get more clearance?THANKS
It will be hard to bend the header enough to clear. You might want to call Hooker/ Holley customer service before you do anything. I would let them recomend what you need to do, so if it screws anything up you can put the blame on them. Hooker is very good at customer service, who knows they might send you another set of headers! There tech line is 270-781-9741
Old 08-10-2004, 08:15 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the reply,this is the second set they sent me.I had purchased the flow techs,and those didnt fit,the drivers side would hit the k member even after cutting.I called them up and they said they had probs with those headers and fitment issues.Thats when they sent me these hookers but no luck yet.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:20 PM
TECH Resident

Thanks for the reply,this is the second set they sent me.I had purchased the flow techs,and those didnt fit,the drivers side would hit the k member even after cutting.I called them up and they said they had probs with those headers and fitment issues.Thats when they sent me these hookers but no luck yet.
Try to get a full refund and pick up some Kooks or QTP stainless headers. You won't be disappointed.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:23 PM
Teching In

Ill keep trying
Old 08-11-2004, 09:34 AM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

Ill keep trying
Do you have a way to take a pic and email it to me. I might be able to send it to my rep and help you out.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:37 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

All the Hooker I have installed have been close and would hit while the car was running with a lopey cam etc... But my fix was to install poly motor mounts took care of everything with mine and my friends cars not bumping etc...
Old 08-11-2004, 05:09 PM
KJ
TECH Enthusiast

I called & talked to Hooker & they said to check the motor mounts. On an 02' car I wouldn't think that would be the problem, but it might be worth looking at .