Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam and Headers finally installed

Old 08-09-2004, 05:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam and Headers finally installed

Finally got some FLP's and a T1 cam installed. Took two hard weekends (I am a little slower than most). I know the T1 is smaller than most would have picked but I got a deal on it. Went with set of springs I havent seen many go with, the lunati's (good design, has a coiled band inside that looks like it could support the lifter if the spring breaks). Headers were used and the finish is ok, but the sound of it with my GMMG is very nice.

All in all it was good if I hadnt screwed up and left air in the coolant lines (overheated like crazy).

Some notes:

- dropping the oil pan to remove the oil pump wasnt something I would like to do too often.

- installing the crankshaft back on wasn't a good experience.

- anything dealing with installing or taking out the radiator was more than a chore

- It is much easier to reach plug #8 from underneath with the headers.

Now all I need is a good tuner in Austin to help me get the idle and keep the code gremlins away.

Then its time to
Old 08-09-2004, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats!!!!! its fun aint it!

did you heat cycle the springs? so how do you like the cam? whats the powerband feal like? and what are the specs?
Old 08-11-2004, 08:31 AM
Teching In

Yep, U heat cycled the springs and changed the oil now. The car is rough right now and I plan to get tuning in the next day or so. It is only a T1 (221/221 with a 112 LSA) but I guess the LSA is what keeps throwing the codes. So far I havent really taken it too high in revs because I want to wait till I properly tune the car. Baseline numbers were 321.8 with intake and exhaust so wheel see soon what I get after these mods.
Old 08-11-2004, 08:32 AM
Teching In

Sorry, not U but I

Search this Thread