Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where do I hook the cutout wire up?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where do I hook the cutout wire up?

I am installing a Street Pro electric cutout but I am not sure where to slice in to get a 10 amp 12 volt hot wire. I'm routing it under the carpet under the seat to the console and placing it inside the ashtray. I was going to use the light there but the car lights have to be on for this to have power. Then I thought about the cigarette lighter, but it is hot all the time (even w/o keys). What about the traction control? Is the pink wire on this hot? Where else can I splice into to get the power? I would like it to have power all the time when the car is on (an accessory wire). By the way, I have read the "Qtec wiring" post and I didn't find what I needed. Any help would be great. Thanks!
Old 08-10-2004, 12:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

ttt..
Old 08-10-2004, 01:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You have many choices, but this is what I did. I pulled the radio fuse on the drivers side of the dash (you get to it by opening the drivers door). I figured out which was the fused side (so I would have this fuse in the ciurcuit) and I wrapped the wire lead around the leg of the fuse and put it back in. I kept the inline fuse right in the same area so I could get to it easily in case it blows. Haven't had any trouble. There are other 10 amp sources you can use, just make sure it's fused and has at least 18 gage wire.

Be very careful, the last thing you want is an electrical fire!!!