Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird Car Trouble!!!

Old 08-10-2004, 01:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Weird Car Trouble!!!

I was just now on my way home and about half way home my car just craps on itself. Everything was fine until I go to take a corner and I have no freakin power stearing, car is still running at this time. Look down and now the temp is cimbing FAST. This whole time the check gauges light is on but the ses light is not. Look at the battery level and it seemed a little low. Rev the engine to see if I have a misfire and it is fine. Coast into my driveway with the temp gauge at about 240. Its to dark out right now to go look at it and the neighbors will jump me for having a bright light out there. (No garage). I have no idea whats going on. Dont know why the powerstearing would go out and the damn car overheat. Does the belt that drives the pump also drive the water pump????
Old 08-10-2004, 01:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Just went outside and looked and the belt broke........now the question is with it running for about 3-4 minutes without a belt hurt anything???
Old 08-10-2004, 11:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FatZ28
Just went outside and looked and the belt broke........now the question is with it running for about 3-4 minutes without a belt hurt anything???
I think everything should be ok, but i'm not positive. I know on cars that use a timing belt, you could have some big problems if it breaks and the car continues to run. But i'm sure a broken belt just means lost power to the accessories.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No way. Just throw a new belt on and fire her up.

Last edited by Dustin Butts; 08-10-2004 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thx fellas....

Search this Thread