Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

some not so good noises, can someone help??

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 10:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default some not so good noises, can someone help??

so here is the deal about a week ago i heard a not so good noise from the rear of the car when i went to take off. pretty loud metal kinda clunk sound. first and only time i heard it

well tonight i was parking and when i was backing up i could hear a metallic sound comming from under the car. my friend went under and said it sounded like the rear end but i thought it was comming from more up front or center. im gonna try and see tomorrow. thing is when i went to leave i couldnt hear it when the car cooled down but i had also moved a little farther when we checked.

on the way home tonight i heard it i think again when i was changing the gears after the car heated up for a while. i dont know where to begin really. im gonna go under the car and check everything out to see if its tight. the motor and tranny were just pulled so i dont know what to check out, maybe the driveshaft or something. i also hear and feel some banging noise at about 2000-2500 feels like its around the transmission area and sometimes i feel it at my feet. the car also sounds weird if im at hard accel beside someone else. i dont know if its jsut cause i got my car back after 2 months and some of this is normal but im pretty sure that clunk isnt. any imput on what to check would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys
Old 08-11-2004, 06:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

come on someone has to have some idea where i can look?!