Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!!! Car will not start.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2004, 12:39 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!!! Car will not start.

Car was starting but it wouldnt hold charge. It had a short on the starter. I unplugged the battery and pulled the starter off and tightend the bolt. Cause whatever was happaing down there the car would lose power and nothing would start. After putting everthing back together it would not start. The car would turn over but it seems like there was no spark. I checked all the fuses but nothing none was bad. The car turns and turn s and turns now even without the battery not dying. I dont know what else it can be

I'm stumped
Old 08-13-2004, 12:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Check the fuel pump maybe? Possibly the coils? I don't know what you did to the starter, but is the clutch still engaging? Maybe check that too. Try to jump start your car from a roll. If it fires up then, then you'll have your problem narrowed down a bit. Good Luck either way.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:58 AM
Launching!

fuel pump turns on, car will not jump start. Clutch is is engauging. It seems like theres no spark. Theres fuel pressure in the rails.
Old 08-13-2004, 02:03 PM
11 Second Club

my formula is doing this too.

Really need to get this fixed