Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02ws6 vs. 03-04 z06

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 03:04 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 02ws6 vs. 03-04 z06

Well guys sorry about this but I have not posted a kill in a longtime since I have not been able to go to the cruise spot in my ws6 just gone in the wrx a few races nothing big though. I was just searching my sn and saw that I never posted me being killed by a zo6 so I will post it now. It was a few months ago like june and I was yet again at the local cruise spot and was driving around since I did not want to sit and b.s. with my friends. As I am cruising I see a zo6 and think wow I never raced one and do a 12.7 at the 1/4 and they do about 12.5 and spin alot so I say hey this could be fun on the street as well as stupid. So I pace him and annoy him a few times (and see the 405hp.lettering on is door) cause I really wanted to run him. We go down a ways and hit a light and I reved up to 1500rpm again NIttos rule and dead hook when the light went green he spun severely and we ran up to about 100 or so maybe a little less and he did not catch me very loud though I could hear his exhaust note when his nose was at my tail, we had to let off a light was coming soon so not really a full 1/4. He pulls up next to me and told me that he kept hitting the button for the traction control on the shifter(don't know where it is on the vettes) so we continue to go straight and he asked If I wanted to go from a roll I should've known but said yes anyways. He destroyed me by about 2 car lenghts from about a 30mph roll to 120, or so so I think well maybe I can make that up off the line . So we turn around and I told him we should go one more time from a dig cause that is really drag racing he agreed(young kid with a friend). We hit a light and I launch really good and am just on the break of smoking the tires up and hooking so I was happy, the only problem was that he launched relatively well and was nose to nose with me up to about 60 or so and I heard his tires screaching every time he hit a gear up to 3rd I think If I counted right. So as I was saying about 60ish he pulled me hard and had me by about 3car lenghts from his nose by the time my speedo hit 110 which is about the end of the 1/4 for me but he was still pulling hard. I was upset because I thought I could beat him. 3 weeks later I got the headers and catted y-pipe. So I have to find it again. I think it was stock since a kid was in it and it wasn't that crazy. This race is from a while ago so be lenient on some of the remarks, I tried the best I could from memory since it was the last race in the t/a for a few months(working 2 much)
Old 08-15-2004, 03:39 AM
pdd
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice death/kill sounded like a fun night