Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drag Tires and the week rear end

Old 11-28-2002, 11:19 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drag Tires and the week rear end

2002 LS1 with an A4 and no stall running this equipment: SLP frame connectors, SLP dual dual cat back, SLP Y Pipe, (aftermarket pan hard rod, lower control arms and torque arm), Shock tower brace, thermoatate and fan control switch, fast toys ram air, Fast Toys maf ends, air lid and bellows kit. Considering I have the week posi rear end, w/323s which tires should I run. I'm trying to keep this rear end together for two seasons do I have a chance?

RCMSSCamaro

<small>[ November 30, 2002, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: RCMSSCamaro ]</small>
Old 11-28-2002, 11:43 PM
Launching!

Default Re: Drag Tires and the week rear end

The stock rear shouldn't pop that easy with just drag radials. Now if you are talking some M/Ts and some high rpm launching... it doesn't stand a chance.
Old 11-30-2002, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

Put whatever tires you want on. I have the mods in the sig and I run M/T ET Drags. No problems yet. I race every weekend sometimes both nights. I know of several others that run about the same times I do and into the 11's that keep the stock rear. Us A4 guys don't usually have the critical rear end problems that the M6 guys have.
Old 11-30-2002, 07:48 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree, I have also been pounding on my SS for the second season pulling 1.46 60s and no problems. I did switch from ET streets to ET drags , but A4s are a lot easier on the drive train than the M6s. I'm not saying you won't break it, but I have tested mine to the extreme like you can't imagine. Just go for it and have fun. You can't go fast and not expect something to give sometimes. Good luck.

James
Old 11-30-2002, 08:16 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks for the information. With the price of the 12 bolt and the money I have already spent my choices are limited. I ran a 13.36 at 105 last fall bone stock. With the mods I've added this spring I expect 12.90s We will see hah!

Search this Thread