Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Duels with Stock Manifolds

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 04:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default True Duels with Stock Manifolds

What I have is an A4 2002 Z28.

What I want to do is keep the stock manifolds and have true duels with an X-pipe, probably 10-series Flows, dumped before the axle.

1. How much HP would I gain if I put long tubes on and is there any difference in the sound? I hear the stock manifolds flow pretty good.

2. Should I keep the cats? If I take them out, will I loose any torque? How much rasp would there be?

I want this to sound bad ***. If I can do ot without headers, that would be great.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Dave
Old 08-16-2004, 04:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by David901
What I have is an A4 2002 Z28.

What I want to do is keep the stock manifolds and have true duels with an X-pipe, probably 10-series Flows, dumped before the axle.

1. How much HP would I gain if I put long tubes on and is there any difference in the sound? I hear the stock manifolds flow pretty good.

2. Should I keep the cats? If I take them out, will I loose any torque? How much rasp would there be?

I want this to sound bad ***. If I can do ot without headers, that would be great.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Dave
YOU WILL WANT HEADERS! Trust me, if you are ANYTHING like the average member of this board, you will end up wasting money by going back to install longtubes (or at least mids) and redoing the duals, or be and wishing you had. You do not need nor really want cats with duals, duals have no rasp Sound will also be more what you are looking for without cats, as well as more power. Why do you not want headers? There are some great buys nowadays on longtube headers!

Look into pacesetters (or Jet-Hot, etc if you have more $$ to spend) and TSP's rumbler X.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the setup you want, but I have jet hot longtube headers. My car is an A4 and it sounds awesome . I would definately recommend longtubes before you go with true duals .
Old 08-16-2004, 05:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

definitely get long tube headers. you're nuts for not wanting them. go to ls1sounds.com and listen to some clips with true duals with headers, and you'll understand why. true duals with lt's
Old 08-16-2004, 05:40 PM
Staging Lane

How difficult are LTs to install and which ones? I can't go all out and spend a lot of cash, but I don't want waste any money on poor quality.
Old 08-16-2004, 05:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
true duals with lt's
OH HELL YEAH! Just got back from driving mine to the bank and Burger King.....moron kid working the drive-up couldn't get anything right I ended up leaving in disgust, and man did it sound bad *** when I left!

Just work towards longtubes to true duals.........I am soooooooo glad I changed my plans at the last possible second and went open headers for a month waiting to get my duals done rahter than get the catted Y-pipe to keep my loudmouth!!!!

I highly recommend headers to duals to almost everybody though, I just can't help it They are just too good!
Old 08-17-2004, 02:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by David901
How difficult are LTs to install and which ones? I can't go all out and spend a lot of cash, but I don't want waste any money on poor quality.
They aren't that hard to install, putting the last two plugs back in on the passenger side is harder than bolting the headers in place. Wait for a group purchase on the headers, that will save you about 40 or 50 bucks. You will need o2 extensions too.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Yea my Fiance's TA has stock manifold with true duals Yea I am getting rid of the crap quick