Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas Speed's New Cat & Off-Road Y Pipes Pics-->

Old 08-16-2004, 06:24 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Texas Speed's New Cat & Off-Road Y Pipes Pics-->

Here's a preview of our new Y pipe!! It will be available with cats or as a off-road system! Now you guys can run cats on your pacesetters long tubes!!!

The Y pipe is based off our X pipe so everyone knows it will fit well

404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 08-16-2004, 06:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

very nice
Old 08-16-2004, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome ! That's what I was waiting for...A catted Y-pipe for Pacesetters !
Any hints on the pricing ?
Old 08-16-2004, 06:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WhooHoo!! What brand cats are you using and what's the pipe diameter?
Old 08-16-2004, 06:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

a much better merge than my current jet hot Y
Old 08-16-2004, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't mean to flame, but the first step most people take is to replace collectors (like the one shown) with a quality collector that merges the exhaust gases together with minimal turbulence and reduces the "rasp" associated with off-road y-pipes. The collector being used to modify the y-pipes is only about $35, so why don't any of you guys develop a y-pipe with a merge collector?
I personally am tired of going to these extremely crappy local muffler shops only to have them ruin the parts I ordered by cutting them up to make them fit on easier. You could save me as well as a lot of other people a lot of headaches by simply adding $35 to the price tag....why is that such a big deal? Again, not flaming...just curious why I have to put up with the corner moron when you guys could do it right the first time and save me the hassle?
Old 08-16-2004, 08:48 PM
TECH Addict

I might buy one if my Pacesetter LT/ORY/Magnaflow setup is too raspy. Any hints on pricing?
Old 08-16-2004, 09:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

sweet, this is what ive been waiting for. What kinda cats are you going to be using?
Old 08-16-2004, 09:40 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by NOBR8KSS
I don't mean to flame, but the first step most people take is to replace collectors (like the one shown) with a quality collector that merges the exhaust gases together with minimal turbulence and reduces the "rasp" associated with off-road y-pipes. The collector being used to modify the y-pipes is only about $35, so why don't any of you guys develop a y-pipe with a merge collector?
I personally am tired of going to these extremely crappy local muffler shops only to have them ruin the parts I ordered by cutting them up to make them fit on easier. You could save me as well as a lot of other people a lot of headaches by simply adding $35 to the price tag....why is that such a big deal? Again, not flaming...just curious why I have to put up with the corner moron when you guys could do it right the first time and save me the hassle?
That isn't the final version of the collector. It's a prototype spot welded for testing purposes. I can say it won't have one of the Flowmaster collectors on it though. If we made the system with a flowmaster collector we'd have a few happy guys, but the rest of the people would be mad it didn't fit up to the stock I pipe. We felt the best thing to do was create a nice y pipe with a nice fit that didn't beat against the floor, and didn't have flat spots. Besides most guys don't want merge collectors on their $300 headers

The system will use carsound cats. We will probably presell a few of the cat Y pipes incase you guys are wanting one.
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com
Old 08-16-2004, 09:46 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
If we made the system with a flowmaster collector we'd have a few happy guys, but the rest of the people would be mad it didn't fit up to the stock I pipe. We felt the best thing to do was create a nice y pipe with a nice fit that didn't beat against the floor, and didn't have flat spots. Besides most guys don't want merge collectors on their $300 headers
Good points.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:00 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looks like a nice quality piece, but i agree with NOBR8KSS on the collector issue. seems the people who complain the most about there collectors are the pacesetter/jet hots guys. QTP has there catted Y w/ flowmaster collector but i sure as hell wouldnt pay the 500 bucks there charging. i think if you guys added the collector it would be the catted Y to get. just my opinion.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jason 98 TA
That isn't the final version of the collector. It's a prototype spot welded for testing purposes. I can say it won't have one of the Flowmaster collectors on it though. If we made the system with a flowmaster collector we'd have a few happy guys, but the rest of the people would be mad it didn't fit up to the stock I pipe. We felt the best thing to do was create a nice y pipe with a nice fit that didn't beat against the floor, and didn't have flat spots. Besides most guys don't want merge collectors on their $300 headers

The system will use carsound cats. We will probably presell a few of the cat Y pipes incase you guys are wanting one.

I guess that's true...you would have to have a 4" cat-back for the 3" inlet collector to mate up without an adapter. It makes me feel better to know that you are still working on that collector, cuz it reminds me of the Pacesetter y-pipe that many people have complained about.
Merge collectors on headers is a different story to me....I wouldn't want to spend the time/money dyno tuning the header length for a merge collector and then have it leak because of local muffler moron welds. It's just not worth it to me....but the y-pipe collector is definitely worth some research...JMO.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I gotta agree with Jason. Although collector would be a nice addition, most of the people here don't care for it. Afterall, those who get Pacesetters want cheap HP gain, with as little fitment issues as possible (so they can avoid going to local welding shops and spending even more $$$)

I know I want some cheap HP, and there's no way I'm spending $1200+ on bunch of freaking pipes....I'm hoping TSP's alternative (Pacesetters and catted Y-pipe) is gonna cut this cost in half.

Let's be realistic: How much gain is there with an addition of a collector on a ~400rwhp car ??? Not that much.....

When TSP comes out with that catted Y-pipe on Pacesetters, they'll have me as a customer for sure.....
Old 08-17-2004, 03:49 PM
Teching In

I'm thinking of getting headers next spring and wanted a catted Y. This is really good news to me.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:16 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

Thanks for the support guys! We'll try to get it lined out so it installs as easy as possible!
Old 08-20-2004, 04:35 PM
TECH Regular

I thought for sure this tread was going to stay at the top I'm agreeing with the others with the collector issue. No rasp inducing collector please What type of cats are those in the pic? Please update us
Old 08-20-2004, 04:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Looks nice! What brand cats are those? How do they flow?
Old 08-20-2004, 09:15 PM
Launching!

I'm interested in replacing my Pacesetter ypipe with something that isn't squashed and doesn't bang. Keep us updated ASAP.
Old 08-21-2004, 06:30 AM
TECH Regular

Another ? for TSP. Can't the cat on the drivers side come right off the header? P.S. I need one of these real bad, the rasp is intolerable
Old 08-21-2004, 06:34 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by shawn's SS
Another ? for TSP. Can't the cat on the drivers side come right off the header? P.S. I need one of these real bad, the rasp is intolerable
not if you want the best clearance.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Texas Speed's New Cat & Off-Road Y Pipes Pics-->