Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

new rims

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 07:53 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default new rims

I have a 2001 SOM Z28. I am looking to get a new set of rims and tires. I am undecided between the TT II alternatives from discount tire or the SLP 10 spokes. I know that the SLP 10 spokes are a little plain, but I like them. I would get them in the painted style, not chrome.

If I got the Torque Thrust alternatives they would be the painted ones with the gray spokes. 17x9 up front and 17x10.5 in the rear is what I would like. will the 10.5s fit on the rear of the car without any modifications? I don't want to force the rims on there at all. I will only use them if they will fit. Will these gray spoked rims look OK on an SOM Z28? how wide of a tire can you safely put on a 10.5 inch rim? if anyone has pics of the TT II alternatives on an SOM Z28, please post them.

Anyone have any input, I know it is ultimately my decision and I need to pick what I like. But I like both of them and can't decide.

thanks for the help
Old 08-17-2004, 06:48 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have any pic's of your car.
Old 08-17-2004, 10:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i owuld not get the silver panted rims. a friend had them on his and they did not look very good at all. personally i would consider chrome ZO6's

on a 10.5 you can fit a 315 out back, but also the offset of the rim might play a factor on how wide of tire you get.

J